RT/10 or GTS What is your opinion?

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RT-10 here!! I love the deck lid of the RT-10 with the Mopar wing. Looks lower and more aggresive!!

Nothing like riding on a nice summer night over the Mt's with the top off.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
both look great and have same motors. rt/10 all the way for me. its a sports car. u wanna be heard and seen and feelin the wind at 150. :2tu:

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the influence on their significant other. My maven premadona wife would NEVER EVER step into a convertible. After spending an hour+ (at least) on her hair, aint no friggin way. No RT's here.

All the more reason to get an RT/10 ;)

You either like the wind or you don't, no other way for me but they are both awesome :2tu:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though I love the sweeping lines of the GTS, I love open cars best. :cool:
And with the hardtop off, the R/T10 looks extra low and wide. :2tu:

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since opinions are like A-holes and I have one, here’s my story.

I just bought mine two weeks ago. I had been looking for about 6 months asking myself the very same question. I was originally looking at an RT/10 ’96 with stripes. They seemed more affordable, collectible, and I liked the convertible for the “cruisin” aspect. I loved the GTS for it’s looks and they seemed to have better performance over GenI RT/10’s. But again, money was a limiting factor. Once I decided to buy I started talking to people and Ron (President of VCA in the DC area) found me a killer deal on a ’99 GTS. It was still a little more than I was hoping to spend, but I got a newer car and one with more horsies to boot! And ohhhhh is she beeautiful! Bottom line is you’ll be happy with either, but only you can decide.

The more important question is “to stripe, or not to stripe?”
:2tu:

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GTS because of the looks. I don't really like the rear end of the RT/10, but it does look a lot better when you put a wing on it.

I also picked GTS so that I could have a better stereo environment and still be able to go to Sam's Club with it.

Still, my wife's Sebring convertible is a lot of fun, so imagine double the horsepower and still having the open air feeling...

Actually, that should be "RT/10 because of the looks", exactly because of the rear end. :cool:

I have no problems going to any store with an RT/10, and have been doing it for 8 years. (I'm not sure of this preconception that you can't go to a store with a roadster.) And, a case can be made that the RT/10 with a hard top is arguably a better stereo environment than a GTS.

And, some of us don't have to imagine it. :cool:

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a '94 RT/10 for seven years. I refused to put that damn top on. So needless to say I never went anywhere far. I decided that I wanted to get out more with my Snake so I bought a 2000 GTS. Having owned both, I will say I sure miss the wind in my hair and the noises that come with the RT. However I would never part with my GTS! I bought the GTS for track events and the looks.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you track your car seriously, you'll want the rigidity and safety of the fixed roof on the GTS. Simple as that.

Plus, when you pick up ****, you won't be advertising it to the whole world in your open car :)

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant go wrong with ANY viper IMO but I like the RT/10 better, theres nothing like taking off the top and feeling all that power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Masterofzen