Rumor of Viper Blue Convertibles being built --- it's TRUE !!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Rumor of Viper Blue Convertibles being built --- it\'s TRUE !!

This was kept very quiet by the SRT Team, but there will be a very short run ( around 80 ) SRT-10s ( convertibles ) done in the time honored Viper Blue. These will be non - striped cars with around a $600 add for paint, and they are imminent, time wise.
We have invoices, MSOs , etc. in our files and they should land here, in all likelyhood, next week. The last of the vins are as follows:

We will try and post the minute the truck arrives , but this should be proof to some, that the current Team members are Petrolheads like us all, and they are listening, and doing as much as possible with the resources afforded them.

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton :headbang:

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Rumor of Viper Blue Convertibles being built --- it\'s TRUE !!

Kind of neat.... since these were not "orderable"... what was the order code?

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Makes one wonder that if they kept something like this under the radar, what else may be in store both in the short term and long term.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow I'd defenelty want a blue one if I didn't already have a red one! I think it'll look realy good :2tu: !

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's paint - not a new motor. Pretty easy to keep that one secret.

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Jay,

Not orderable, so no different code, but the paint reads ..........

PBE - Viper GTS Blue

Thought you would enjoy that?!!

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now that someone else has blown the cover off this one, I feel comfortable divulging that I have one of the first blue convertibles on order. It should be arriving in the next few weeks. I will post pictures as soon as it arrives (but will need some help as I have never posted pictures on the forum before).

I can confirm all of Bill P's information including the paint code PBE -- Viper GTS Blue. What was new to me is that I will be charged $600 for the paint as it was my understanding that this was a no cost option.

Bill P. -- do you have information on the invoice price of the blue convertibles? I am just trying to determine my exact bottom line as my dealer has agreed to charge me below MSRP, just a fixed amount above invoice. Also, does the invoice price include the roughly $850 destination charge and $3000 gas guzzler tax or are these tacked on later? Relatedly, if it is the latter then when a dealership states that it will charge me "x dollars above invoice is it common understanding that this means the $3000 gas guzzler charge and/or the $850 are waived or does it mean "I will charge you x dollars above invoice and then we add the gas guzzler and destination to the bottom line."

Thanks!

/Rich

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Anyway you want to state it, I believe you can count on paying the destination and gas guzzler charges. No way the dealer is going to eat them and charge you invoice plus.

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Destination and gas guzzler are both part of the invoice, so I would concur with Devildog. Some Dealers try to add after the fact which is ridiculous, as they are part of the total MSRP.

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Should be a sharp looking combination for sure!

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Please post pics! That SRT will be awesome! I always say I am done getting new Vipers and then this happens! Ahhh, I need help I am a Viperohlic. :headbang: I keep telling myself I will get something different like a 360 but, I keep buying Vipers. Thank God I can buy a Viper I love em!

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

is there any think different with the interior. like blue stiching?

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score

According to my dealer and the preliminary option sheet on the car, there will be no additional options such as blue interior stitching. The car will not have the first edition appearance package (blue leather and silver center console) available on the coupe as a $4,000 option. Nor will the car have the coupe five-spoke wheel. The cars are already built and are "normal" SRT-10 convertibles except for the rare paint job. According to my information 84 cars total were built.

On another note, I am a little slow and still confused about the calculation of invoice pricing:

I got on edmunds.com and they stated the invoice for the 2005 Viper SRT-10 convertible was $74,592. Assuming a 2006 price increase of roughly $500 and the $600 cost for the blue paint option (which may be lower is $600 is the MSRP price for the option), is my bottom line cost for the car:

$74,592+500+600 = $75,692? (I would then pay the dealer x dollars over this amount per my agreement with the dealer.)

So does this include the gas guzzler ($3,000) and destination ($850) or is that tacked on in addition to the $75,692?

Thanks to anyone who can clarify this.

/Rich

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It would be a nicer if the white stripes were included!

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If I was getting a new SRT-10 Viper, this would be the color that I'd choose. :laugh:

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"So does this include the gas guzzler ($3,000) and destination ($850) or is that tacked on in addition to the $75,692?"

That invoice price doesn't include the gas guzzler or dest. charge.

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I did see these at the plant when I was there a week ago. Sharp looking car - but the blue coupe looked better

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

did anyone take pictures?

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Germans won't let you take pictures at the plant -- not like the old days! :mad:

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I did see these at the plant when I was there a week ago. Sharp looking car - but the blue coupe looked better

You forgot to take pictures....... :p

edretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score

as bill stated earlier and I agree since i work at a Dodge dealer as well all invoices include gas guzzler and destination charges. So you can safely assume that is your estimated final price.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

While I'm sure the new blue will look interesting on the Viper, they really should be concentrating on more important things than paintjobs. Especially with the new Z06 out.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

While I'm sure the new blue will look interesting on the Viper, they really should be concentrating on more important things than paintjobs. Especially with the new Z06 out.

they dont got the money right now. if they did then the viper would probly have a hp increase.

safireviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No new performance but a limited color run. I love that Chrysler was invaded and conquered by the Huns. Aren't you?

safireviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No new performance but a limited color run. I love that Chrysler was invaded and conquered by the Huns. Aren't you?

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i think dodge should increase the hp right now but i dont think they got the money . thats probly why the rumors say they will increase hp in 2008 because thats when there will probly have the money.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score

edretti --

Thanks for the clarification. So under my previous post does this mean my bottom line is:

Scenario 1: $74,592+500+600 = $75,692? (I would then pay the dealer x dollars over this amount per my agreement with the dealer.) Thus, the bottom line price would be a little over $76,000;

OR

Scenario 2: $74,592+500+600 = $75,692 + gas guzzler ($3,000) + destination ($850)+ the dealer markup over invoice. There my bottom line cost would be a little under $82,000.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

/Rich

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Invaded by the Huns! Heh heh! A "merger of equals"?, how is that true, seeing the American's are ousted from the board?

Regardless, that color is gonna look great. If I was getting an SRT, that would cinch the deal right there, and with one of Chris Marshall's friends' hard tops, I think it would look better than the new coupe.

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Reliable should be here in 10 minutes, so.....................pictures to follow rapidly. I may need to send to someone though, since I am compooter ill-iterut when it comes to posting pikchures!

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

cant wait to see the pics