Run flats off, non run flat on, ahhh

Viperized

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my run flats replaced with same brand, size etc. non run flats and it makes a big difference. Much more traction with better, non bouncy ride. Havnt done fronts yet but they are next. I will save the RFs for next owner.Chrysler is putting RFs on 300C for which they will supply air cannister refills, I plan to buy these in case of flats. :2tu:

OP
OP
V

Viperized

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No MOds but I can say that I usd to be able to spin my tires in 1st and 2nd gears easily and 3rd with a litle effort. Now with dry ground it is much, much more difficult to make them spin

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Just did the same thing (added new Michelin Pilot Sports, same sizes, non run flats) They are noticeably better, I'd say 20 to 25% in traction. Ride is better too and the handling seems better, though I have only "seat of the pants" feel to make these statements. I still spin in 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the top of the gear, but can apply more throttle than with the run flats.

With my current level of hp / tq, I am planning on some street legal slicks for the rear when they become avaiable for the rear.

Good luck.

OP
OP
V

Viperized

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you put them on fronts also? You have some kick a$$ power so I would expect you to spin almost any rubber. I cant even imagine that much punch. I am currently satisfied with my more docile, factory 500 HP. Of course, I have only had the car for 2 weeks. Still can't enough behind the wheel time to make me happy, great cars.

OP
OP
V

Viperized

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,
No wheel hop so far, they just spin if really provoked.

Viperfreak,I didnt know you could get Bridgestones for the SRT. Same size as factory or different wheels?

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Viperized,

Yes, fronts too. I wanted about the same level of traction at the front as at the rear. I'll be trying the new 19 inch drag radials when they come out this spring / summer.

I still can't get enough seat time either. Damn rain. You will get accustomed to the 500 hp and when you're eaten by another car, you'll get the urge for more power.

Enjoy,

Dan

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what are the current and near future choices with stock wheels to replace the run flats with something else?

quickysrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
same question about the bridgestones

i lost control today(again) so i need to get rid of my run craps :(

where did you guys get yours? how much?

was the tire a lot less weight than the run flats?

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be trying the new 19 inch drag radials when they come out this spring / summer.

Who's coming out with these "new" 19in drag radials? Where did you get the info that they will be coming out? Extremely curious, because I would buy a set in a heart beat.

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
quickysrt,

Suprisingly, the run flats were only about 1 pound heavier (rear) than the standard Michelin Pilot Sports (rear). I also weighed the rear Pirelli P Zero in 20 inch and this tire weighed about 4 pounds less than the standard Michelin. Anxious for 19 inch dot drag radials.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte