rusting bolts

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really can't stand that rusty screw syndrome that my viper has. (in case you don't get what I'm saying, I'm talking about the epidemic of rusted screws the viper seems to have.)just curious as to how all you people in the viper universe deal with this issue. any tips?

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got some chrome screws and screw head washer thingies (where needed) to replace some of the rusting screws. Got them at the auto parts store.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '94 had the same problem...I just glass beaded the screws...sprayed them flat black...and put them back on. You could even hit them with a wire wheel and paint them.

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry,

check the screws on the body panel at the rear underside of your car. Almost every Viper that I have looked at has corroded screws there. Once removed for cleaning they can be extremely difficult to get back in- I am always careful to specifically dry them if that part of the car gets wet....

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey your right, 4,500 miles, 1 rainstorm, couple washings and the rear underside bolt heads and washers are rusting. Think I'll pull them one at a time and scuff em and shoot with rustoleum.

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What screws are rusting? Living in Colorado with the natural humidity in my garage around 30 to 35% year around, we do not see this problem. Jerry Scott [CO]