S/C Gains with Ported Heads

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking into a roe s/c and am also hoping to get my heads done. I have emailed some of the viper head porters and gotten pricing and descriptions of their work from them.
I was wondering what peoples experiences were with the ported heads that roe offers (for $2650). This is about 1K less than other estimates for ported heads. Anyone know how much h.p. you can pick up with the roe heads. I know some guys here are using them.
Description-
[Custom Cylinder heads with 78cc chambers for forced induction applications. Features include; 3B stainless steel valves (1.92 Int. / 1.58 Exh.), Crane Springs, Teflon seals, fully machined / polished ports and chambers. Specifically designed for forced induction with flows of 267 Int. / 220 Exh. At .600” lift.]

One thing I did notice is that most other porters use 2.02 intake and 1.6 exh. Also some claim over 300 Int. flow whereas Roe claims 267.

Thanks
Gary

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
267 is a pretty weak intake #. 300-320 is norm these days for the better hand porters. Even the CNC guys are getting ~280cfm.

Greg Good is da' man when it comes to heads. give him a call as you'll be pleasantly surprised with what you learn.

just my .02...

JD

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Guys
I would like to know what hp gains can be expected from the roe s/c & roe heads vs. roe s/c & greg good heads- or even roe s/c with stock heads vs. roe s/c with any type ported heads.
Do you think the results are worth the extra $3-$4k?

If anyone can post their results I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Gary

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the most part, most of the Roe guys are running stock heads on the stock fuel system. If it is stepped up to bigger heads, the pulley usually goes to 12 and the fuel system will need to be upgraded.

I plan to do a head upgrade with a set of Greg Good heads,b ut at the same time will need a bigger better fuel system. I am running about 640RWHP now, adding the heads, fuel system, and pulley's I hope to get to about 700-740RWHP, that is with the water/**** system too. So you can hope to expect 60-100RWHP increase. I plan on upping my shot of NOS which is the real reason for the fuel system upgrade. :2tu:

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What pulley are you running now? Is the 640 with the NOS?
Thanks
Gary

For the most part, most of the Roe guys are running stock heads on the stock fuel system. If it is stepped up to bigger heads, the pulley usually goes to 12 and the fuel system will need to be upgraded.

I plan to do a head upgrade with a set of Greg Good heads,b ut at the same time will need a bigger better fuel system. I am running about 640RWHP now, adding the heads, fuel system, and pulley's I hope to get to about 700-740RWHP, that is with the water/**** system too. So you can hope to expect 60-100RWHP increase. I plan on upping my shot of NOS which is the real reason for the fuel system upgrade. :2tu:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing about NOS w/ a ROE (or any other SC) is that the biggest benefit is the cooling effect on the intake charge. so you dont' need but a 40-shot to get 100+hp gains.

JD

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing about NOS w/ a ROE (or any other SC) is that the biggest benefit is the cooling effect on the intake charge. so you dont' need but a 40-shot to get 100+hp gains.

JD

Joe Dell speaks the truth.

I know that some tuners hate the idea of using a wet shot on a twin screw and spraying fuel through the rotors. The trick on the Roe is use a small dry shot (40 or so), some good fuel (104+ octane) and dial in a fair amount of timing.

A dry 40 shot with proper tuning and race gas can yield over 100 rwhp and 150-200 lb/ft of torque because of how much it helps cool and condense the intake air.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JD

I know that some tuners hate the idea of using a wet shot on a twin screw and spraying fuel through the rotors. The trick on the Roe is use a small dry shot (40 or so), some good fuel (104+ octane) and dial in a fair amount of timing.

A dry 40 shot with proper tuning and race gas can yield over 100 rwhp and 150-200 lb/ft of torque because of how much it helps cool and condense the intake air.

Doesn't Donovan only use a small shot of NOS?? He seems to get a lot of power out of the Roe and a small shot.

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JD

Doesn't Donovan only use a small shot of NOS?? He seems to get a lot of power out of the Roe and a small shot.

Yes, Brian. That is exactly the person about whom I speak. :)

Joe is the man when it comes to getting a LOT out of a LITTLE as far as nitrous is concerned.