S/C Tuning Before Ohio Event

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

A few Roe S/C owners expressed an interest in having their cars tuned before the Ohio event and I figured I'd ask if anyone else had an interest in doing so. If the numbers warrant, I'll find a dyno with a wide band close to Norwalk and we could all meet a day or two before the event for some fun. Please let me know and I'll put it together, obviously the sooner the better. Thanks! :usa:

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're getting serious now!! There might be a portable Dyno at the event. Maybe I'll put up a $100 PartsRack certificate for the biggest HP!!!

Viper Nationals are Sept 12-13 at Norwalk raceway near Sandusky Oh and Cedar Point.

Remember to RSVP Clavin if your going to the Cookout Saturday night. 440 355 6391 or [email protected]

S

SUN RA KAT

I could be interested if I get my T&D roller rockers installed by then.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Viper friend tuned his VEC2 at Passen Motorsports. It's in Columbus, and relatively close to Norwalk (45 mins maybe). Try there. With all the free publicity of a few Vipers, you may be able to get a discount, or work a deal.

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Emailed Dynotech earlier this afternoon and will let everyone know their response as soon as I receive one.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry dyno tune my car too ....

Sir....

Count me in too ......

Cudaman :usa:

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry:

I live close to Dynotech, let me know what you want to do and the times. I will be seeing Steve from Dynotech tomorrow. He is not only one of the best dyno operators in the country, he is also a good technician/tuner He always uses the wide-band a/f. I have him broken in on the viper routine, or I should say he has me spoiled.

Willoughby is approximately 1-1/2 hours to Norwalk. If you are coming up from the south, you would come up Rt77, in Akron you jump on to Rt 8 north, after a short distance you get on to Rt271 north. You take Rt271 to US90, stay on US90 east for about two miles, exit at Rt 91. There are several motels at that intersection and you are two miles from Dynotech. I also have spare parts, lift, tools, etc. and I am very close.

Steve does a lot of closed sessions for various clubs. We just have to be sure he is not traveling to some other event.

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Jack,

Thank you for the offer! I haven't received a reply from Steve yet, although I hope hear something by Monday. I'll keep everyone posted and thanks again, Jack!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry:

I saw Steve today. He has been busy and says he may have missed your message. He could hold closed sessions on either Wednesday or Thursday, prior to Norwalk. Let me know what you want to do.

S

SUN RA KAT

I'm in. My Viper Tech said he is just 20 minutes away from completing the installation of my T&Ds.

meggleto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's performance shop that's about 10 minutes from Norwalk Dragstrip called Buschur Racing. The tuner there is an ex-Mopar mechanic and is very knowledgeable about tuning forced induction cars and Chrysler vehicles. The shop is located in Wakeman Ohio which is just a few miles down the road from Norwalk. I know they've had a few Vipers there getting tuned on the dynojet rollers before so they are familiar with Vipers. If they can get a 2.0l engine to run a 7.8sec pass at 170mph I think they can handle a Viper dyno tune session. They even run events at Norwalk. Here's a link to their website.

http://www.buschurracing.com/biography3.html

Tym should be able to answer any questions you might have since he's done many standalone systems over the years.

S

SUN RA KAT

10 minutes from Norwalk is a lot closer than and hour and a half from Norwalk.

Larry - check it out!

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just Emailed Buschur Racing regarding the use of their dyno next week. They seemed like the most logical choice since they are closer and people wanted to be near the track and ammenities. Aside form that, I never heard a word from the other facility, Dynotech.

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received word from Tym @ Buschur Racing that their stack (computer) for the dyno is broken and currently being serviced. This leaves us with utilizing the dyno @ Dynotech. I'll persoanlly contact Steve tomorrow regarding the dates of Sept. 10-11.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry:

He is still available and you may be better off with him, he has the wideband a/f and he can chart the boost along with a/f, which I don't believe Buschur could. Let me know if I can help.

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Jack,

I'm going to contact Steve today and set up Sept. 11 as our day. I believe (3) cars can be tuned in one day if ice is used to cool between pulls. To date, I have Jeff Morton, Kenny and Tony committed to tune.

Hello Snake,

I just read this thread again and noticed that you asked me if I could install MOJO's S/C before the event. The answer would be, yes, if the vehicle were to be upgraded at my facility. If I weren't so busy here, I'd be able to do more on the road. Thank you for asking though!

S

SUN RA KAT

Let me know and post directions. It will take me 3 1/2 hours to get there, so I'll be the second or third one you tune Thursday Sept.11th. Also, do you do charge cards or should I bring a checkbook?