Salvage GTS BB / steal deal or run?

PatrickG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is a Bumble Bee on eBay with a salvaged title:

BB on eBay - anyone knows this car or seen it?
Possible good deal or "run". What price to expect?

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way I would buy the car without a thorough inspection. The price would then depend upon what was found in the inspection. Where is the car? Someone here might be able to inspect it for you.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have it inspected first. I wonder what the reserve is set at. looks like a really nice GTS and IF it's priced right, I would say go for it. BUT remember it's a Salvage title, so it'll never be worth alot so much more then that and i'd say no.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If that car passed an inspection by someone who knew their stuff I'd buy it for 25-30k. The exterior/interior looks to be in good shape. Pictures can hide many things though, so if you even think about purchasing the car go look at it and take it to have it inspected.

Just remember, you need to steal it now so you don't take a bath when you try to sell it.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If that car passed an inspection by someone who knew their stuff I'd buy it for 25-30k. The exterior/interior looks to be in good shape. Pictures can hide many things though, so if you even think about purchasing the car go look at it and take it to have it inspected.

Just remember, you need to steal it now so you don't take a bath when you try to sell it.

Let's get real here. You should save 5-10 k off what it would normaly sell for if in perfect condition. I am sure the seller would not sell for 25-30 k. You will take the same hit when you sell so you save now and sell for less later. All the same but you have less $ out of your pocket now. Looks like I nice car but have to have it inspected.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because they explain it had suspension damage enough to turn it to a Salvage title, there must have also been frame damage. If I lived in Texas, I'd go take a look, but I don't.....so whoever does go to take a look at it should have a decent amount of welding knowledge as the frame would have likely required some sectioning. If the welds were done right, the frame won't be more than a few % weaker than the stock frame. If they cut corners on the frame welding, there would be no point buying the car.

If I ever bought a salvage car, I'd rather have a car that didn't require a repaint....maybe this is one of those cars.

Regards,
Aaron