salvaged vipers on auction

Sainthitch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that's interesting. the top one, 2005 black is not far from me. in the pictures it looks perfect but going for $21,100. It has a title of unfit. I sent an email to find out the real damage. just curious what has happened to the
vehicle to work perfectly so they say, look great, yet be unfit for the road.

dont worry-i am not buying it.

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the information it appears to be a theft recovery with a potential VIN issue. It probably would be worthwhile to verify the vin on driver's door versus dash and make sure they match the listing, if not getting it registered may be a hassle. Otherwise I agree it looks great for the $.

Sainthitch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so the website is for dealers only, they do not sell to the public. There is a membership fee of $600 a year to be able to buy from them. i have no problem with their buying/selling practices, i just hope that the dealer that buys the cars are just as honest to what was wrong with them.

I forgot to mention, on top of the member fee, there is also auction fees, a 200 transaction fee and tax so that car as of now, jumps to 28k rather then 22k

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so the website is for dealers only, they do not sell to the public.

No, anyone can buy a car there, but it does depend on where the car is being sold.

Copart is one of the top salvage auto auction sites there is. It varies from state to state on who can purchase a salvage car. For example: I believe in IL you have to be a liecensed recycler but in MO any one can purchase a salvage title car. Copart has a listing on their website of the locations of their facilities in each state and the restrictions they follow. Regardless, if you really want a car and it is in a restricted zone you can purchase it through a broker.

vehicle to work perfectly so they say, look great, yet be unfit for the road.
It all depends on the insurance company. They may choose to auction the car off rather than repair it because it is more finacially practical for them to go that route. Of course, to have it fixed they would use factory new parts etc, etc. Sometimes a private individual can fix the car a lot cheaper than the insurance company. IF you get the right car, a salvage car can save you money.

As a wise man once said, If you plan to drive the car and enjoy it a prior salvage car can be a good buy. If you are worried about it's resale value then it is not something you want.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang