SAN DIEGO BBQ fun Get-together (we're the best, eh?!)

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SAN DIEGO BBQ fun Get-together (we\'re the best, eh?!)

Hello everyone!
I don't think you'll hear this often, but I'm inviting you SD Viper guys to a BBQ get-together in Mission Bay on Sunday, March 30th. Please RSVP. It'll be loads of fun and there will be food, beer, great folks. Details to follow. Looking forward to a great time!

Mike

You can reserve by posting, or email me here with your name and phone number (preferred in case I need to get a hold of you last-minute):

[email protected]

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: SAN DIEGO BBQ fun Get-together (we\'re the best, eh?!)

RSVP #1

Sounds great!

***-Luck? or bring cash to help cover expenses?

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Is this just for San Diego folks or are SoCal guys included? I would be interested if my Snake is out of the body shop by then.

Brad

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jason: Potluck would be great... I'm going to bring a BBQ grill and lots of meat, beer, water, etc. If you guys want to bring food, that'd sure help! Also, (you GTS guys) if you have lawn chairs, bring as many as you can carry. Enforcement will be out to make sure everyone gets them back, but I don't have many, so they'll be desperately needed!

Brad, COME ON DOWN MAN! :) :)

Mike

PS: I'll post the map, finalized times, and parking instructions (*Vipers will have a SPECIAL area to park*)

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Mike:

Let me know the details. I can probably find a couple more Snakes to cruise down if the weather is nice. I'm getting my GTS out of the body shop around this date, so I'll be itching for a drive. 4 months without my car has been torturous.

By the way is Ulysses coming to the BBQ? It'll be nice to finally meet you guys in person.

Brad

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What!?! What's this I hear about a get together on the 30th!? I thought you were all planning for the 23rd! I planned my daughter's 1st birthday party on the 30th thinking the 23rd was the get together day. LOL!! I'll try to sneak out early and swing by Mission Bay.

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh CRAP! I'm really sorry about that! It looked better for others on the 30th and I also figured the weather would be a little nicer too. Well, have the BDay party next to us :) hehehe..

Hope to see you there (even though I loused up your plans)

Mike

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The get-together will be in Mission Bay (5FWY South to Sea World Drive) at 11:30 or so through till 3:30 or whenever we get tired/cold/whatever... I will post a detailed map, phone number, and all other parking info by the end of the week.

Thanks guys!

Mike

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike,
Thanks for the invite, wish I could make it, unfortunately I'll be out of town on a job..........got to make those Viper payments
Bruce

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Information for the 30th coming TONIGHT! (Busy week - holy crap!)

Thanks for you patience, guys!

Mike

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

......And to ALL of you who don't mind making a trip, you're all welcome of course. I'm actually sorry I didn't put a different subject on that post... Well, there's always next time :)

Mike

Bad Asp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BBQ and beer, an American classic!!Count us in!!

Bob and Sharon

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GREAT! Here's the scoop:

Time: 11:30AM 'till whenever, Sunday, March 30th 2003.
Place: Mission Bay Park

Driving Directions - COMING SOON!!!!

Pictures of where you will be going:
You must be registered for see images

I will be posting pictures of the actual site and where to park tonight...

DON'T FORGET TO BEING LAWN CHAIRS IF YOU CAN!

Thanks!

Bad Asp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What!?! What's this I hear about a get together on the 30th!? I thought you were all planning for the 23rd! I planned my daughter's 1st birthday party on the 30th thinking the 23rd was the get together day. LOL!! I'll try to sneak out early and swing by Mission Bay.

Ulysses, Stop by, I'll buy ya a beer!

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GREAT! Well, I think I've got plenty of alcohol; lawn chairs and condiments for hot dogs and hamburgers would be teriffic...

Here's the directions (follow along on the pics above!)

FROM THE NORTH:
5 South to Sea World Drive, take Sea World Drive west (right), take Ingraham north (right). You'll see Sea World on your right. Go over the bridge and turn right into the park. Take a left and follow the CRAPPY drive to the end. We'll be there!

FROM THE EAST:
8 West to Sea World Drive/Ingraham (first exit after the 5 FWY interchange). Go past Sea World entrace on the right, over the bridge, and take the first right. Take a left and follow the CRAPPY drive to the end. We'll be there!

FROM THE WEST:
Ummm... Drive your yacht/boat/whatever to Mission Bay.

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BUMP...

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GREAT! Well, I think I've got plenty of alcohol; lawn chairs and condiments for hot dogs and hamburgers would be teriffic...

FROM THE NORTH:
5 South to Sea World Drive, take Sea World Drive west (right), take Ingraham north (right). You'll see Sea World on your right. Go over the bridge and turn right into the park. Take a left and follow the CRAPPY drive to the end. We'll be there!

FROM THE EAST:
8 West to Sea World Drive/Ingraham (first exit after the 5 FWY interchange). Go past Sea World entrace on the right, over the bridge, and take the first right. Take a left and follow the CRAPPY drive to the end. We'll be there!

FROM THE WEST:

And from the south?

What swim the river and jump the fence?

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FROM THE NORTH:

FROM THE EAST:

FROM THE WEST:

And from the south?

What swim the river and jump the fence?

Ummm.. Yep. That'd be accurate. BUT since you're a hop-skip-jump from Mission Bay, you're coming, right.... RIGHT?!?!

Anyway - PLEASE chime in if you're coming. Meat, hotdog/hamburgers/buns/water/soda/condiments all would be GREAT! Please email me with what you're bringing.

Regards,

Mike

[email protected]

Bad Asp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike,

Let us know what you need. Sharon and I will be there early to help you set up. Everybody bring lawn chairs for yourselves. I hope some of the peeps from up north show up. It will be fun. Sharon says,"Bring the ladies!" Weather should be great!!

BW

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike,

Let us know what you need. Sharon and I will be there early to help you set up. Everybody bring lawn chairs for yourselves. I hope some of the peeps from up north show up. It will be fun. Sharon says,"Bring the ladies!" Weather should be great!!

BW

Hi Bob,
Sodas would be great! Especially if you've got a cooler. We should be there at around 9:30AM.

Thanks!

Mike

Greg W

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think some may show up earlier to setup? but the 11:30 AM was the posted time. I would imagine anytime in the general vicinity would be great.

Greg W

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Greg -- I was just looking at your sig... You're gonna have to show me those door poppers! I'd like to put some on my car if it's not too much of a pain in the a$$.

And yes, 11:30 is the time, but if you can show earlier, great! You can save spots :)

Mike

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

THANKS TO EVERYONE who came! I'm sorry I had to cut it a tad short -- My brother's fine. Just a little scare and a trip to the ER for a heart complication. Thankfully, it was under control once they administered a beta-blocker.

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang