San Diego/Riverside/Beach Area Get Together!?

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys -- Wanted to see how much interest I could drum up. Perhaps late-February or early March for a little cruise? Feel free to PM or email me at [email protected] with your interest level/free weekends!

Thanks,

Mike

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! This must be some sort of record! Man, in three weeks time, we got 65 sport bike riders on a trip through Palomar... Albeit, the Vipers are rarer, but doesn't ANYONE like to get together and flogg them?

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I was hoping to meet some owners in the area and thought it would be great to get together in the morning (somewhere mid-way so no one has to drive too far :) have some coffee, and hit some 'twisties.' There are many areas in SD; I'm sure Ortega's a familiar one. Nothing crazy, just a friendly cruise.

Any suggestions to make it more interesting? I'm certainly open!

Bad Asp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fletcher,
A real good Sunday morning cruise is out to Barona for brunch buffet. Quick and dirty. I'm off this weekend. Whaddaya think? Anybody else????

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately SoCals canyon runs are equivalent to getting groceries. Even though the people are great, except for the few untamed spirits the majority are more interested in hand waves over G forces.

Not to mention the joy of getting screamed at for breaking the speed limit by the "Leader of the pack" who does not tolerate anyone passing him going 25 behind a mini van.

Thanks, but no thanks.

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahahaha... You know, Russ, maybe we should put together a small group of sports 'enthusiasts' who aren't so overwhelmed by the power of their vehicles. I've been in racing for many years and love 'spirited' drives.

So, pretty much that's your take on the VCA runs? Very interesting...

Brunch buffet on Sunday sounds good to me! Any other 'unholy' spirits willing to give up some time on a Sunday morning :)

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fletcher,

I do canyon runs almost every weekend with different car clubs from s2000 club to the Porsche club. And if not with them then my 993 turbo friends and I hook up for some early morning fun.

The last time I went out with the So Cal viper club some chain smoker jumped out of his car and proceeded to lecture the small group of people and myself who still had a heart beat on how he was going to kick us out of the Viper club and so on if we ever passed him again. Well school(for me at least) is out and I do not go to canyon runs for strict lectures from old farts who forgot a long time ago how to enjoy life.

Ever since then the Viper club has left a bad taste in my mouth, and I have no desire for a helping of seconds. I am sure the majority of people in the club are not like this man, but unfortunatly he seems to be the one in charge which means its his way or the highway.

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everybody - we can always meet farther north. I don't mind trippin' up the 5 FWY to meet up with a group. Are we on for Sunday, Bob?

Hey Russ - do you think you could let me know when the fun groups go out? I'd love to tag along (if they'll have me :) )

Mike

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike everyone is welcome on the runs I go to. Any time you want to make a trek to LA let me know. This weekend is not very good due to the rains and all the debris it brings down from the hills.

But if next weekend is dry we will surely be heading to the hills :) .

Bad Asp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody interested in a breakfast run on Sunday 2/23? Ulysses? Any of the Eastlake Crowd? Jump in!!

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be going. Going to try to wrestle up a few others.... Greg (Eggbert)???

Greg W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
San Diego guys,

I should be able to make it Sunday. Let me know the details. I think Bob said Mission Valley, 8:30?

Greg W

'94 RT/10

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hehehe.. Trying to work that out right now :) Whatever Bob says will go; that way we're all on the same page.

BTW: Great that you're coming, Greg. I'm looking forward to it!

Mike

Bad Asp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about we meet at Camino Del Rio South and Texas by Hine Dodge? Unless someone has a better place? 0830?

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about we meet at Camino Del Rio South and Texas by Hine Dodge? Unless someone has a better place? 0830?

Great! That certainly works for me. 'Quickie' directions: 8 FWY to Qualcomm Way/Texas St exit. Keep your eyes peeled for Hine Dodge... Not too difficult :) Would you guys like to grab a quick coffee before heading out? If so, there's a Starbucks two blocks from there.

Oh yeah - I'll be driving a 1975 El Camino and Bob will be in a 73 Caddie. Can't miss us. :D

Se you all at 8:30 :smirk: (whew! hehehe)

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roger, Fletcher!

P.S. Is that Caddie an Eldo convertible? Hehehe!

C'mon! You don't even remember?! :rolleyes: You've got the Coupe DeVille--with the vinyl top of course! hehe... ;)

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys,

I'll have to bow out on this one. My wife hyper extended a muscle and needs me to watch the baby. I know, lame excuse, but that's how the chips fall. I'll see you guys the next time around. I'll be thinking of you while your having fun.

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bummer. Okay. I'll eat twice as much to make up for your absence. Hope you wife heals quickly...

Mike

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys,

I'll have to bow out on this one. My wife hyper extended a muscle and needs me to watch the baby. I know, lame excuse, but that's how the chips fall. I'll see you guys the next time around. I'll be thinking of you while your having fun.

Oh BOY :eek: :eek: -- are you gonna miss out! Jason's going to bring his TT Viper now that most of the bugs are worked out. I ran (figuratively) into him tonight and he said he'd like to join us.

:D

Mike

OP
OP
S

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just want to thank everyone for coming out this morning. I had a great time and enjoyed watching the TT Viper incinerate tires :) (BTW: I never noticed any engine smoke--there was too much coming from the rear tires).

Thanks to the "Bad Asps" we may never be allowed back to Barona. They CASHED IN! Hehehehe.. Unbelievable!

Ulysses - Looking forward to meeting you next time; you missed out on a free breakfast :D

It was great meeting all of you, and, until next time, stay safe and enjoy those snakes!

Mike