Saturday Night Follies

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I've had my Viper a little over 2 years now and until Saturday night only 2 cars had tried to race me while going down the road. (Caddy STS & Saleen Supercharged Mustang Wasted both of them no nos needed)

Anyway, after leaving the car show at BK in Manassas a GXSR 750 came roaring up beside me. I had seen him coming in the mirror and was already in third gear at 60 mph we hit it.

By the time I was halfway through 4th gear he was 30 to 40 cars back!

He came up again and we tried it from 50 mph with him hammering it 1st the end result was the same........Then we pulled over and talked he wanted to see under my hood to look for nos (could not find any. I bet he will think again before jumping on another Viper, must still be talking to himself........

Then a while later a Typhoon caught me at a light and wanted to run so, he spooled his turbo up when the light changed he pulled me by about a car then he ran out of power. I will say that thing hooked like it was on slicks (gotta love that all wheel drive)

supergrin.gif
grazy.gif
BURNOUT.gif
laugh.gif

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, I too was dreaming when I raced a Suzuki GSX R1000 from 50-150 Yesterday.
He drifted slowly from my door to a nice view of my tail lights.

But that could not have happened either.

Regards,

Scott E. Smith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually it could and does happen. I go to the same car show with Lee. I have a 94 with a 200 shot of nitrous and other bolt ons. I've raced a Ninja 750 r ( friend of mine) at a roll from 2nd and left him at least 7-10 cars back. don't fool yourself, at a roll it's anybody's race.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Scott.

I know. I mostly race bikes for my entertainment. I do not even bother posting about it anymore because there is an Internet conspiracy to hide the Truth. Cars can beat bikes from a roll. Soon, this post will either disappear, or will be swarmed upon by the sportbike crowd - calling Lee, Me and You liars.

Lets see what happens!

Regards,

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee,

Sounds like your havin all the fun man. I can't believe a Caddy tried to race you. I didn't realize they were supposed to be fast. Maybe he just wanted to see your Viper in action.
supergrin.gif

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King GTS:
I can't believe a Caddy tried to race you. I didn't realize they were supposed to be fast<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The STS with the Northstar V8 is a pretty awesome car. I seriously considered one before going with the Impala I just couldn't deal with the FWD. I heard of people looking to mount the NSV8 longways for dragracing though I've never heard of anyone succeeding. (Been secretly plotting on how to fit on into my Sol.....)

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This past Saturday I had the fun of eating a 2001 vette, a firehawk (brought tears to my eyes as I had a lovely metallic green 95 firehawk), and on Sunday a mitsubishi eclipse. the eclipse gave the best challenge, the kid had it all modded out, he was running high 12's last week at a local strip. so then i let him take my viper for a cruise after i beat him, he came back with the biggest sh*t eating grin ive ever saw. as i was going down the road homeward bound, about a mile further i came across two johnny laws waiting for me (him?). lucky i was just cruising along at the posted speed.