Saved by a cop

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just went out for a Saturday afternoon drive. The local PD has been running radar all day and I knew it so I made sure I was doing 40 approaching him, I caught something out of the corner of my eye and only had time to lift off the gas before a deer darted in front of us. I just clipped him and didn't leave any marks on the ACR. Could have been worse.

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luckily nothing happened, but on the other hand, when you drove it like you should, you would have passed before the deer would even think about passing.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Just went out for a Saturday afternoon drive. The local PD has been running radar all day and I knew it so I made sure I was doing 40 approaching him, I caught something out of the corner of my eye and only had time to lift off the gas before a deer darted in front of us. I just clipped him and didn't leave any marks on the ACR. Could have been worse.

:2tu:, WOW, glad noone or car was hurt. Doesn't hurt to be lucky every once & a while. :drive:

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lucky you :2tu:

Hitting a deer or elk is not a good situation. If direct hit, the animal can flip with the hooves coming through the windshield first. :omg: You can lose your head if that happens.

Mad Max Performance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hit a deer on my Harley last summer. That stung a bit. Compound Tib-Fib. Sure showed that deer though. Kilt im ded!! LOL But, that is alot of the reason wifey and I are thinking Viper instead of Harleys for weekend trips, etc. Warmer, quieter, and... more importantly..... safer. I dont feel like bleeding and saying ouch again. ha ha!