SAW FORD GT TODAY....SWEET!!!

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Went by Payton Wright Ford in Grapevine, TX today to get an oil filter for my Cobra daily driver and saw the GT roped off in the middle of the showroom. Absolutely stunning and badasp like an exotic should be. Solid red...no stripes..low slung...wide...great fit and finish...rear end is very mean looking w/ dual center exit exhaust, diffuser undertray, 315 rear meats Goodyear F1's, engine supercharger visable through rear glass cover along with roll cage bars. Carbon fibre body, curb weight 2800 lbs., 550 hp, 0-60 3.3 sec.. Very beautiful and potent looking machine. Sticker is $151,595 plus dealer market value adjustment for total of $295,000. One sold recently in Dallas/Ft. Worth at $250K. Anybody interested in DFW area it's worth the trip/time just to see it. Contact Mark Lancaster @ 817-481-3531 if seriously considering purchase. He is very knowledgeable about the car and likes Vipers also....a car guy. We've definately got some serious competition from Ford. I hope the new Viper Coupe ups the ante! :2tu:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Devildog the only reason I figured you made this post is because you are getting commission on the sale if someone is dumb enough to pay over sticker for the GT. Seriously it's a nice car not as bad *** as the GTS buy not bad for a car that's design is what 40 years old??? Come on Ford come up with something unique for once!!!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I love it, hope to own one someday soon. Wish it was 650HP!

Motor Trend (10/04) weighed their test model at 3468lbs.

Ford's website says the body is aluminum, with extensive use of carbon fiber.

I've seen at least one sale on eBay expire expire with no takers on a $225K no reserve auction. I also heard one sold for MSRP recently. Maybe the control arm crack recall is scaring buyers away?

OP
OP
DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
YouWish,
First of all I am fortunate enough that I don't need a commission. In fact, if my current stock positions play out as I project I may buy it or another one myself. I only put a word in for Mark because he put up with my comments about blowing the GT away with my Venom 650R and knows what he is talking about concerning the GT...I rarely meet a car salesman that knows as much or more about cars as I do. Don't get me wrong I love my Viper which takes alot of it's styling cues from the old Daytona another 40 year old design....so what?...classic designs will always stand the test of time. I'm a Viper advocate first and foremost, however, I must admit after seeing the GT in the flesh it is fantastic. I've never commented on Viper's competition before but the GT deserves the recognition. Seeing the GT for the first time was like seeing my first Viper. Go see one yourself before you bad mouth it! :D

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a 22 year old salesman at the dealership broke into your account here at the .org

Quick, change your login info and regain some honor man!

G

OP
OP
DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I love it, hope to own one someday soon. Wish it was 650HP!

Motor Trend (10/04) weighed their test model at 3468lbs.

Ford's website says the body is aluminum, with extensive use of carbon fiber.

I've seen at least one sale on eBay expire expire with no takers on a $225K no reserve auction. I also heard one sold for MSRP recently. Maybe the control arm crack recall is scaring buyers away?

I'll admit the control arm recall is serious. Mark said all owners have been notified not to drive their GT's until they are fixed in January along with current stock. Our Vipers have had some recalls and the Gen III has had many. I'd still buy one.

OP
OP
DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Looks like a 22 year old salesman at the dealership broke into your account here at the .org

Quick, change your login info and regain some honor man!

G

Hey G,
I know it doesn't sound like me, however, I had only seen pics of the GT until today. I love my Venom and will never sell it. I only comment about the GT because it is very cool. You've got to see one for yourself then let me know what you think. Our modded V10s will kill the GT and I'd love to get the opportunity, however, I still appreciate what Ford has done with the GT design wise...it is an absolutely beautiful and brutal looking machine.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Me too. Ford found and addressed the issue quickly.
I'll admit the control arm recall is serious. Mark said all owners have been notified not to drive their GT's until they are fixed in January along with current stock. Our Vipers have had some recalls and the Gen III has had many. I'd still buy one.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been lucky enough to ride in two Ford GT's, drive one for a short distance, and play with one with my GTS on Interstate 75. I've got to say, the GT is quite a car! :laugh:

redlightrich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
beautiful car, but remember when the 50k snake came out in 92 dealers were getting upwards of 100k. unless you have more money than time, wait a little and list will be a reality. 140k is a strong vig by anyones standards. jmho.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure it will ever sell for list.
Remember, it will only be built for 2 years (so Ford says).

It will stay in collector's hands for a while before they try to flip it...

But if it ever sells for MSRP I'm in.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Devildog the only reason I figured you made this post is because you are getting commission on the sale if someone is dumb enough to pay over sticker for the GT. Seriously it's a nice car not as bad *** as the GTS buy not bad for a car that's design is what 40 years old??? Come on Ford come up with something unique for once!!!

If you do research on the new GT-40 you will find that aesthetically, the car is similar to the original in appearance and the interior design. Mechanically the entire car is re-engineered and does not drive remotely close to the original. It is one of the best handling sports car engineered. Balanced lightweight spaceframe, new drivetrain, and very strong lightweight suspension components. A lot of R&D went into the handling of this car. I bet it feels a lot more stable at 160mph than our cars at the same speed. However I am still in love with the viper and its performance potential.

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At list I would be an owner also. I offered 225,000 to the Ford dealer in Great Neck, NY and they told me no. Greedy , Greedy !!!

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a black one parked in the tow-away zone at a local grocery store. I knocked on the passenger's window and talked to the hot lady inside. Her boyfriend/husband just bought it (second in Austin after Michael Dell's) and they were driving it home. I offered to show her around the track if she ever decided to hang out with the Viper club. Her Other is an ex-VCA member from way back it seems. Anyway, the Other comes out and gives me a very nasty look for talking to his squeeze inside his new GT. I thought it was funny. He probably picked it up thinking all these hot chicks would be hitting on him, and then he finds me talking to HIS *********. I can't remember what they paid for it, but I don't think it was $200K+.
Anyway, very cool in person, and the lady was a real class act.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, the GT is beautiful, timeless AND AMERICAN. So, with such a big hit and with a sticker of $140k+, why the h*ll is Ford going to keep production so limited? Aren't they in the business to make money? I'm not suggesting over producing it like the Vette, but two to three years then done? What's up with that? All the R&D etc. is done, why not ride the gravy train for a few more years?

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the Ford GT today at the Washington,D.C. Auto Show. All I can say is, "Awesome"! You need to see it to appreciate the engineering that's gone into the car. "Wake up D.C., it's time to step up to the plate with a comp coupe for the street".

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GT is very sweet looking. They will sell for sticker by this time next year. I want one and hope I can afford one at that time. DD sentiment is well stated, the last time i was this excited about a car is when the Viper was introduced.

Even the 93 Viper settled down to sticker before the year was out.

Also IIRC they are making 1500 of them total over three model years. Is that correct? Ferrarri only made 399 Enzos.

OP
OP
DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
The GT is very sweet looking. They will sell for sticker by this time next year. I want one and hope I can afford one at that time. DD sentiment is well stated, the last time i was this excited about a car is when the Viper was introduced.

Even the 93 Viper settled down to sticker before the year was out.

Also IIRC they are making 1500 of them total over three model years. Is that correct? Ferrarri only made 399 Enzos.

I was told by the dealer that Ford was making 1500 a year for '05 and '06 for 3000 total.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the limited number of enzos (prices being inflated,with a handfull already totaled) there are atleast 3 GTs that are too totaled before ever getting into the hands of their new owners.

Scorch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GT just sold at Jerome Duncan Ford in Sterling Heights, MI for $150k over sticker. Silver with black strips. SWEET looking ride.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally saw one in person while checking out the new rustang and was not that impressed with the looks at all - give me the GTS any day.

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw a local Ford dealerships' GT40 (it was the owners personal GT40 to keep). It was black w/ silver stripes and was an absolute hot ride. I asked how much, he said it's not for sale.

cayenne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ford GT won't meet the new crash test rules in 2007. Thats why its only for 2 years.

Can you elaborate on this? What is the gov. gonna do now to RUIN fun cars for us again??

cayenne