Saw my first GT40 on the road today

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap that thing is SWEET. Bad ass sound. Great stance. I had thought that the rear bumper was ugly. Seeing in person I didn't even notice it. So low...so wide. Unfortunately I was in my company Chevy and couldn't get her a run! But wow.

I took a couple pics with my phone. I'll try and post some pics later.

T

OP
OP
W

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Saw my first GT on the road today

Your right my man. A GT not a GT 40. Still had the dealer tags on it.

"And doesn't the new mustang look great and what about that F-150.....

Wait wrong forum-- this is a VIPER FORUM!!!!!!!!!"

I guess you haven't seen the multiple posts on the GT40 and how it compares to the SRT 10? I guess they don't have manners in Alabama huh?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i vote that until dodge builds us the coupe that we want, we can talk about the bada$$ ford GT.

OP
OP
W

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way I figure it the car is the first "competition" the viper has had in..well...forever. Hence...I beleive it merits some talk.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
i vote that until dodge builds us the coupe that we want, we can talk about the bada$$ ford GT.

Now there's a shrewd man. :D

In fact, I heard that DC just CAN'T beat the FGT. They don't have the ballz. :eek:

(pssst- For slow witted readers, I am trying to "light a fire under their azs")

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The blue one didn't sell, even with "no reserve" listing. Didn't get even one bid. Why would people bid on the red one at 226, when the blue one was listed as having no reserve? If its listed as no reserve, then even one bid at any price could take it, right?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The blue one didn't sell, even with "no reserve" listing. Didn't get even one bid. Why would people bid on the red one at 226, when the blue one was listed as having no reserve? If its listed as no reserve, then even one bid at any price could take it, right?

No, the first bid (starting bid), in this case is $230,000. So sure, I guess your one bid of 230,000 could take it, if no one bids over it.

Jon

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Jon, you know how when you sell something on eBay, you put up a suggested starting bid? Well, if I understand it right, that is not the same as a reserve price. And if there is no reserve, or allowable minimum, then any bid should be fair, even if its below the suggested starting bid. (I'm not too sure about this)

Well, I'm sure the dealer would cancel the auction if someone bid $1.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, you know how when you sell something on eBay, you put up a suggested starting bid? Well, if I understand it right, that is not the same as a reserve price. And if there is no reserve, or allowable minimum, then any bid should be fair, even if its below the suggested starting bid. (I'm not too sure about this)

Well, I'm sure the dealer would cancel the auction if someone bid $1.

That's not the way it works unfortunately. You always have to enter a bid just above the starting price or you won't be allowed to make any kind of (other) bid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte