SC in the 9s???

Rice-Eater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi im pretty much new on this forums and I bought a 2000 viper GTS a month ago. Now I wanna go crazy on mods and I want to know if 9s on the 1/4 is possible with an sc(specifically the roe SC since I heard its the best)......and whats needed to attain this level of performance.
Thanks all for your help

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
havent seen a roe car in the 9's.. but could be wrong.
DLM has a few S/C cars in the 9s (dr roofs car for one)
im sure heffner has a few, also.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Tony1 has put his Roe car in the 9's. He did use a small shot of nitrous. I am sure he can chime in..I think it was a 40 shot. But, I think sooner or later a Roe car will run the number with just the blower. UtahViper is close.....

Regards,

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
9's do seem to be commonplace these days. Paxton DIY, Roe, DLM and Heffner have all been there.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Tony1 has put his Roe car in the 9's. He did use a small shot of nitrous. I am sure he can chime in..I think it was a 40 shot. But, I think sooner or later a Roe car will run the number with just the blower. UtahViper is close.....

Regards,

Mine has a 100 shot, but it is on a stock motor (with Arrow rockers) A roe blower can and will do a nine, but it will need a good heads/cam package.....and a good sixty sure doesn't hurt (and is probably needed) Look for Cudaman to do the first Roe blower only nine second pass next weekend :headbang:

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Regards,

Mine has a 100 shot, but it is on a stock motor (with Arrow rockers) A roe blower can and will do a nine, but it will need a good heads/cam package.....and a good sixty sure doesn't hurt (and is probably needed) Look for Cudaman to do the first Roe blower only nine second pass next weekend :headbang:

I thought Tony Armor already did a 9sec pass with Roe Blower.

http://www.v10nationals.com/standings.htm

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they are talking blower alone, not adding a second power adder like nitrous or stroking a motor, etc.

I don't think a Roe car has done that yet (9's). But I guess that will perhaps change in a few days? Lets hope so!

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they are talking blower alone, not adding a second power adder like nitrous or stroking a motor, etc.

I don't think a Roe car has done that yet (9's). But I guess that will perhaps change in a few days? Lets hope so!

What other power adder did Tony have on his car when he did the 9 sec pass?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also let me clarify the V10 nats award. Even though Roof put "first 9 pass" beside the "fastest Roe blower award, I got that award based on my 10.41 NO nitrous pass.....that was the best Roe blower only pass at Florida. Cudaman had drivetrain problems so he allowed me to get that award :)

But...I have to ask...are we talking blower only or heads/cam ........... nevermind :laugh: