SCAM ALERT

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am selling shocks/springs on the VCA Classifieds. Check out the message I received from Mathew Luke ([email protected] - a straw name/address no doubt) and you be the judge:

THANKS FOR THE MAIL, SO I WILL LIKE TO TELL YOU THAT AS SOON AS YOU RECIEVED THE CHEQUE MAKE SURE YOU EMAIL ME SO THAT I CAN CONTACT MY SHIPPING AGENT THAT SHOULD BE READY FOR THE PICK-UP SO THANKS FOR THAT, SO I WILL LIKE YOU TO SEND AMOUNT OFF 4000 TO YOU SO THAT WILL CAN COME FOR THE PICK-UP,AND AFTER THE CHEQUE CLEAR FROM BANK SO THAT YOU CAN DEDUCT YOUR 1,200$ AND SEND THE REMAINING $2,800 TO MY SHIPPING COMPANY SO THAT HE CAN COME FOR THE PICK-UP , SO I WILL LIKE YOU TO GET BACK TO ME IF THE CHERQUE IS ARRIUVE SO THAT WILL CAN KNOW THE NEXT ARRANGEMENT TO DO.
SO I WILL LIKE TO HEAR BACK FROM YOU.
..........................................................................................................................................
SHIPPING AND ARRANGEMENT...........DETAILS SEND TO ME :
SO I WILL LIKE YOU TO SEND YOUR DETAIL TO ME SO THAT WILL CAN STARTTHE
ARRANGEMENT SO I WILL LIKE TO TELL YOU THAT AS SOON AS YOU SEND YOURDETAIL TO ME WILL WE SEND THE CHEQUE TO YOUR LOCATION AND I WILL LIKE TO TELL YOU AS SOON AS YOU GET THIS EMAIL GET BACK TO ME WITH YOUR LAST PRICE AND ALSO THE PIX ,SO THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORT ON ME I WILL LIKE YOU TO OMPENCIATE MY
GREETING .
1YOUR..........FULL ADDRESS:
2 THE .............NAME THE WILL BE ON THE CHEQUE:
3 YOUR.............ZIP CODE:
4 YOUR ............COUNTRY:
5 YOUR .................STATE:
6 YOUR................PHONE NUMBER:
7 YOUR...............LAST PRICE:
I WILL LIKE YOU TO GET BACK TO ME WITH YOUR UNDERSTANDING SO THAT I CAN SEND THE CHEQUE TO AND AFTER THE CHEQUE MAKE SURE YOU GET BACK TO ME SAO THAT WILL CAN START THE NEXT ARRANGEMENT TO DO. SO FULL DETAIL NEED FROM YOU.
Best Regards
Mr Mthw Luke

:smirk:

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry but will re read after i drink heavy maybe will understand better.

Please send him a big FU from the honest people.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the mail,i am very much interested in buying your wheels and i will like you to get back to me with your,
FULL NAME ON THE CHECK.....
MAILING ADDRESS..........
STATE....................
COUNTRY..............
ZIPCODE.........
CELL NUMBER.
Thanks.
Lisa..

lol wonder if its the same one (got this november 3rd lol)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks got this one, and then the same message from another individual with the same text copy. Figured his " King's English," was so bloody awful he had to be a posuer.

Good to get this out to all the unsuspecting !

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Received this from my ad (note only response to date). The poorly written engllish id identical indicating a form type response. I wrote back asking what they were looking for. Maybe I can pull them in for a little fun :)

GOODAY,SIR
Am Interested in your above mentioned for sale...Get back to me if is available for sale.....With the Current Condition, Pics and the Asking Price for items. Also the payment will be made out by Chashier Check i will like you to get back to me

SHIPPING AND ARRANGEMENT...........DETAILS SEND TO ME :
SO I WILL LIKE YOU TO SEND YOUR DETAIL TO ME SO THAT WILL CAN STARTTHE
ARRANGEMENT SO I WILL LIKE TO TELL YOU THAT AS SOON AS YOU SEND YOURDETAIL TO ME WILL WE SEND THE CHEQUE TO YOUR LOCATION AND I WILL LIKE TO TELL YOU AS SOON AS YOU GET THIS EMAIL GET BACK TO ME WITH YOUR LAST PRICE AND ALSO THE PIX ,SO THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORT ON ME I WILL LIKE YOU TO OMPENCIATE MY
GREETING .

1YOUR..........FULL ADDRESS:
2 THE .............NAME THE WILL BE ON THE CHEQUE:
3 YOUR.............ZIP CODE:
4 YOUR ............COUNTRY:
5 YOUR .................STATE:
6 YOUR................PHONE NUMBER:
7 YOUR...............LAST PRICE:
I WILL LIKE YOU TO GET BACK TO ME WITH YOUR UNDERSTANDING SO THAT I CAN SEND THE CHEQUE TO AND AFTER THE CHEQUE MAKE SURE YOU GET BACK TO ME SAO THAT WILL CAN START THE NEXT ARRANGEMENT TO DO. SO FULL DETAIL NEED FROM YOU.

Best Regards
Mr Mthw Luke.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These jokers are all the same. I had a 300C for sale with the price in the add. I get an email from one of these jokers asking the price. So I reply 350,000, he sends back I have a cheque I'll be sending for 365,000 just send back the 15,000. I don't think they guy even worried about the price being unrealistic.

gts_2001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This scam is going around in many "incarnations". My son (15 yrs old) races mountain bikes and buys / sells parts on the bike sites. He received a similar offer ($4,000.00) on a $1,200.00 bike along with the whole shipping agent shpiel. He actually received a check (written on AIG bank) which turned out to be bogus. I wonder how many people send goods before the check clears after being jaded by the $4,000 amount? Makes one wonder if this also might be some type of lead in to a money laundering scheme?

The old axion is true If it seems to good to be true, then it is too good to be true!

:headbang:

importtuner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow I got the same exact e-mail from the SAME guy and another guy overseas regarding my Viper lights. He was going to send me a cheque for $3000. I knew it was a scam from the get-go and played along. Withit I got his address and phone number; anyone wanna have some fun??
STANCY BROWN
#2, tilson road,
tottenham,
london .
N17 9UY
UNITED KINGDOM.
TELEPHONE NUMBER : +447040120402

-Justin

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Their English usually *****. Maybe they are all Nigerians?

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its all from Nigeria.........here are some examples.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

AND HERE ARE SOME OF THE CULPRITS after taking english 101.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala