SCCA Regional Competition License

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone of you in the South Florida are have one?

How do you guys renew it? It looks like you have to compete in two SCCA events a year to keep it? Do you race the Viper?

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, you have to race in at least 2 regional races to maintain your Regional License.

I race a 03 Porsche GT-3 Cup Car in the National Division. We finished 5th overall this year in the GT-2 National Central division. We hope to finish first next year in the National Central division.

Vipers have to run with a restrictor plates on to reduce horse power so they don't blow away the competition mainly Corvette Z06's...

Butch
SMS Racing

01 Viper GTS 10.33 e.t @ 136 M.P.H.
02 360 Modena
03 Porsche GT-3 Super Cup Car (finished 5th @ 2004 SCCA National Division)
93.5 Turbo Supra 615 r.w.h.p. 600 r.w.t.q.
04 Cadillac Lade
03 BMW 760 Li
04 Audi S4
Ac Cobra (460 c.i. Ford Racing Motor 550 h.p.)
03 SL55

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regionally Vipers do not need to run with restrictors only in nationals. I run my Viper (which is for sale) in local regional events here on the East Coast & also down south. Driving the Viper is lots o fun. My suggestion is if you want to race a viper purchase a dedicated car intended for the purpose of racing.

OP
OP
I

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thight racing the Viper might be a tad on the expensive side. What do you guys think of the Spec Miata series?

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SPEC MIATA = Much Much Much Cheaper, HUGE run groups, less problems, very competitive, especially for you down in Florida. Best bang 4 buck series out there.

I have been lurking on specmiata.com for months. If I had the cash I would be running one, but the Viper racecar burns that at a pretty fast clip...

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spec miata is mental! Check out the laptimes & you will be amazed, I just finished my first season & I gotta tell you its the best thing in racing. In the south east it is unbeleivably competitive, In the points championship there were 3 guys tied for first & less than 15 points covering the next 7 spots & there are over 190 drivers registered for points. At the invitational championships @ roebling road this month the top 7 cars qualified less than .4 apart & the fromt row was .001 apart!!!! I took P5 with a 124.5 lap time(Check viper days for a comparison) .

If you are going in expecting to crack into the top 10, buy a car from an good shop , expect to pay 20k +-, You can get in the game for under 10K but unless you have a machine shop you will not stand a chance to win.

If you are in florida there are the top 2 Spec miata houses there BSI racing in Ormond & Evans Racing in daytona. Check out specmiata.com for more info

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an ITE Viper $ 25,000.00, inexpensive, no problems, competive, and lots of fun.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were going to go again I would go SRF.More car around you than a single seater and THERE IS NOTHING LIKE having your helmet in an open cockpit airstream. Bruce

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960