SCT tune

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for someone in the South Florida area with a stock or near stock gen 2 viper to build a SCT tune. The person who's car I use will get a STEEP discount for the use of their car.
I already have a nice program for the Gen3 viper. You can see the results on my website BritoSpeed - Need Has Nothing To Do With It - Home.

Michael Brito

OP
OP
B

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TTT Thanks for the offer MTGTS, but I'd like to find someone a little closer.

OP
OP
B

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SCT does not support the gen 1 ecu. I can tune your gen 1 with a number of different aftermarket ecu's. It just depends on what your final goals are.

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 1996 gts would not take a sct tune tried three of them from roe racing

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually i have a 96 rt/10 and i have heard they will take the tune because the 96 model used a different computer. do not know for fact though.

OP
OP
B

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whiteviper, can you send me the processor code? I'll check and let you know. Viper k I'll check yours also if you send me the code.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that I'm on the list of donor cars, because I'm not driving to Florida, but what exactly would "use of their car" consist of? That sounds risky donating your ride to tuning development.

OP
OP
B

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Use of their car" would consist of getting a stock baseline dyno pull, re mapping the ecu and a final "after" dyno to show the comparison.
Michael

OP
OP
B

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, they would keep the X2. I would also give them free updates for a year if they make modifications to their car.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many Vipers have you tuned with the SCT? Any experience tuning with the Vec2/3?

OP
OP
B

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only tuned a handfull of gen 3 vipers with the SCT. I just recently became an SCT rep. Before that I used the AEM on viper projects. I've not used the VEC2/3.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only tuned a handfull of gen 3 vipers with the SCT. I just recently became an SCT rep. Before that I used the AEM on viper projects. I've not used the VEC2/3.

I was curious about the SCT vs. Vec2/3 and any trade-offs you may have seen going with one or the other. Too bad I don't live closer to FL as I would visit your shop. We don't have many, actually ANY, folks in CT who know how to tune with either the Vec or SCT.

OP
OP
B

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure the VEC is quite simple as it is only a piggy back. I could get the software and look it over. If you could find a load bearing dyno around you I could work with you via email or over the phone to get your car dialed in.
Give me a call if you want to chat about the options.
Michael
954 444-7518

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whiteviper, can you send me the processor code? I'll check and let you know. Viper k I'll check yours also if you send me the code.

i am honestly not sure what you mean by the processor code? i have a spare pcm in my house. just let me know what i need to look at.:dunno:

OP
OP
B

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you connect a scan tool to the ecu you should be able to read a processor code. The spare that you have, do you know what year it is out of?

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If your looking to put a tune on a 510 stroker....let me know.

While it's at your shop a soild roller lifter/cam and raise the rev limit to 7k would be nice.

OP
OP
B

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disturbed, did you call the other week? If so send me the specs on the engine build that you currently have so we can spec the SR cam for yur combo.
Michael
954 444-7518

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be nice if someone stepped up to this. I would like to see some Gen II SCT results.

....p.s What were the Gen III results? Didn't see anything on the website. Got a dyno sheet for before / after?

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! 40HP gain on a Gen 3... The baseline numbers looked a bit low, but maybe you were not using a "Dynojet" so that's why?
I wonder what the estimate would be on a Gen 2? Think about the same? A little more, a little less?

OP
OP
B

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, my dyno is a bit of a hybrid. It's a Mustang MD250 with a 500 absorber using Land&Sea electronics. That's why I showed the before & after. A Gen 2 will probably be about the same.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4