Sean Roe S/C dyno results

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I finally had a chance to dyno my 98 with 70mm TB's, 1.7 T&D's, B&B 1 3/4 headers and 3 in Exhaust no cats and 3:45 rear end VEC-1, and of course the Supercharger. Now with the gears I would like to know what I am losing at the rear wheel, maybe 10 to 15 ? With that in mind I expected anywhere from 580 to 590 RWHP. Well at my suprise I got at whopping 610.4 RWHP and 623.7 RWTQ. SAE corrected. VEC set at -4/+20. Needless to say I am very happy. Thanks Sean!

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on those outstanding numbers!!!
cool.gif

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's great! How long did the install take? Did you do it yourself or have someone do it for you? Again, congratulations and make sure you post some timeslips and or kill stories in the near future.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, great numbers!!!

All of Sean's blowers seem to be putting out very consistent numbers. Yours seems to be a little stronger than most.

OP
OP
G

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dyno numbers before the blower were 460. RWHP and 512 RWTQ, this was without hte 3:45 gears, I never got a chance to dyno the car after the gear installation.

Jason myself and my partner of Redline Motorsports did the install we installed the unit in about six to seven hours, that was taking our time and reading Seans' very concise instrucions, now that we have doen one it would be a breeze. We plan on making a trip to Atco dragway next month after we get a 418 ci motor built for his C5 so I will definetely be posting some numbers. Congratulations on your 800 plus hp monster, I may be interested in a cam for the car as well as a different fuel pump maybe you could adivise with some options.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great numbers! I have a 98' GTS Silver/Blue, and plan on performing the same mods as you've done.

Well tell us! What is it like on the road? Cold air is great for power, but traction will be no-existent on cold pavement. Are you going to stick with the 3.45 gears, or return to stock 3.07's?

Later

P.S. - I think it is time to change this:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
98 gts silver
460.7 RWHP 512.5 RWTQ
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OP
OP
G

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
onerare,

Well on the street without the slicks first and second gear anything close to half throttle and there go the tires. Other than that the power is greatthe car gets to 170 mph much faster now. And yes I changed my profile thanks can't beleive I forgot to do that.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
the car gets to 170 mph much faster now
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a Viper quote if I ever heard one.....