Search engine not working?

viperct2001

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used to be able to search on keywords and get pretty good results.

It seems to only like ONE word matching. For instance, try "speeding". That works ok. But then try two words - "speeding cop". It'll return 0 results.

0 results - that's impossible! I'm sure there are hundreds of stories/posts with the words "speeding" and "cop" in it.

Also, how home I can't search by "username" anymore? That was a great feature for quickly finding all my old posts.

what gives?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I am having the same troubles...especially when I have written a LONG response to a technical question...and would rather locate MY old post (to post,send, or copy) than start from scratch to rewrite...can we REACTIVATE the "username" feature ???

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am having the a similar problem with my last posts. I can only view a few of them. A bunch of them are missing. It is pretty annoying because I want to view my old post but CAN'T! Stinks. Anyone having the same problem?

Reaction score
After I reply I will move this to the right forum. :)

Yes, the search engine in this version of UBB is quite different. I have already modified a couple aspect of it. On the main forum page, at the bottom, there are links to see the posts for the last *** hours. Initially, the display came up with EACH post...not with the thread (like the old board). Now that is fixed. I also have some code to add to add more horsepower to the rest of the search feature...hopefuly this weekend.

Bugeater will soon be posting pictures of what his Jeep (and my back yard) looked like hours ago. Needless to say we were stuck pretty good! So...much of my "free" time for the weekend will now be focused outside, filling in the CANYONS we left! LOL!!! It was actually quite funny.

My point? I hear ya! And I will strive to update that. :)

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any progress on this yet? I tried to look for a post I started on RaceDeck floors a couple of months ago and I get nothing. The search feature does not appear to be working.

axe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a way to search just the title?