Seat belt location early 94

crazycanuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all,

After a little review, i have noted that my factory seat belts are mounted on the opposite side of the car ? All the Pic in the factory service manual shows the retractor mounted to the door panel. My viper has the belts mounted near the center consol and you have to engage toward the door.

Was this changed mid way threw the production year ?

A little triva for the die hards.....

thanks

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, Gen 1s for Canada have the seatbelts from the inside, like the later cars do. In fact, some other telltale signs are the metric speedo and warning stickers in english and french.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I imported a Canadian 1994 model into the US in 1998.

Canada required seatbelts that mounted on the floor or frame, while the US model had to have "automatic" seatbelts. Therefore the US Viper belts had the roll-up mechanism for the lap and shoulder belt in the door and mounted to the floor on the transmission side.

The Canadian version had metric speedometer, oil pressure, coolant temperature gauges. The odometer is in Km. All of these gauges are plug-n-play replacements with the English units version. As Matt mentioned, there are several safety and information stickers in French. Canadian cars also had the daytime running lights - a module at the front right frame in the engine compartment.

Haven't found anything else. Have fun with the car!

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, I should have figured that the gauges would have been plug and play. When I was looking for a Gen 1, I thought it would have been cool to not have the belts in the doors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant