Seat Lowering Assembly

Freiherr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello, this is the first question of the new Viper owner in Austria:

I am 6´3 tall and will use my snake for daily driving, so I am highly interested in ordering the 2" seat lowering assembly offered by Northwind Engineering.

But, for heavens sake, it seems they don´t have an e-mail address.:dunno:

How are your experiences with this seat lowering assembly?

Is it true that somehow you gain quite a lot of additional legroom by installing that assembly?

Thanks in advance.

Andreas

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, this is the first question of the new Viper owner in Austria:

I am 6´3 tall and will use my snake for daily driving, so I am highly interested in ordering the 2" seat lowering assembly offered by Northwind Engineering.

But, for heavens sake, it seems they don´t have an e-mail address.:dunno:

How are your experiences with this seat lowering assembly?

Is it true that somehow you gain quite a lot of additional legroom by installing that assembly?

Thanks in advance.

Andreas

I'm not sure if this e-mail address is current for Northwind, but give it a try: [email protected] Phone # 262-377-6057

I'm about 6'4", and I went with the 1" lowering kit in my '06 coupe. It made a big difference as far as headroom, and gave me a touch more knee room (not hitting the underside of the dash so much anymore). Legroom did not change much otherwise.

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the 2" lowering kit and here is the post I made when I had it installed. For purchase you should contact ViperWizard screename here on the forum, its Chuck from Tators Dodge, he can probably ship you a kit.

I picked the car up on Friday and I just drove home and parked it, but today I had a chance to get about 1hour of seat time in and the seat lowering has helped immensely! I'm 6'4" / 200lbs and the car is much more comfortable. I always felt like I was putting on a pair of pants that were 1 size too small when I got in the VIPER. It felt as if I was sitting too high in relation to the dash and windsheild header. With the seat lowering, I feel like I'm back in a regular car again. I can move freely, and visibility ahead and to the sides is still good (rearward is not so great). My seat is slightly moved forward and this allows a more reclined seatback angle so I don't have to sit bolt upright anymore, I hated that seat position. Legroom is still pretty good, and now my knee isn't hitting my keys all the time. (Note: I removed my dead pedal the day I got the car, so I have a nice area to extend my left leg, if you have not tried it, remove yours too!)

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 6-6 295 lbs and I could not own a viper if I did not have the 2 inch lowering kit from N.W.E. It really makes the car more comfortable by keeping my shins from hitting the lower portion of the dash. I also have plenty of head room. Like DII stated in the last post, remove your dead pedal and your viper will feel totally different because of the extention ability of your left leg......Good Luck

OP
OP
F

Freiherr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you all!

Having covered a distance of more than 1500 mls. last week I know by now that I do need that lowering kit.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 1 inch kits on both my driver and passenger seats. I am 6 feet tall and the kits have provided enough headroom for me to wear a helmet in the car without rubbing the convertible top.

The 1 inch kits still allow for fore and aft seat adjustment (although) it is harder to move the seats. Bear in mind that the 2 inch lowering kit will fix the seat in place so you weill no longer be able to slide fore and aft (although you will be able to adjust the recline angle).

/Rich

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2" kit is an easy install, should take less than a couple of hours. Used Northwind's 2" kit on my 96 and my 05 (different kits) and it's night and day! I'm 6' 6" and 230#.

PBR

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, this is a mod I had considered before & kinda forgot about. I'm 6'3" 210lbs, my knees are really close to the steering wheel. I'm pretty comfortable, but would be interested in more comfort.

With a 2" drop, where does the seat sit in terms of distance slid back from the steering wheel? I'm all the way back now & couldn't move forward due to my leg length, with the drop kits do you stay at the farthest position away from the wheel?

Thanks

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, this is a mod I had considered before & kinda forgot about. I'm 6'3" 210lbs, my knees are really close to the steering wheel. I'm pretty comfortable, but would be interested in more comfort.

With a 2" drop, where does the seat sit in terms of distance slid back from the steering wheel? I'm all the way back now & couldn't move forward due to my leg length, with the drop kits do you stay at the farthest position away from the wheel?

Thanks

Someone posted this info a few weeks ago in one of the threads but I don't recall the answer off the top of my head.

Also, for anyone thinking of doing a 2'' kit on a 2008 Viper it may not be possible without seriously reconfiguring or moving airbag sensors and other electronic modules under the seats. For example, on just my 1'' kit, the passenger seat when moved all the way back (aft) is actually touching the stereo amp unit under the seat. A 2'' kit would probably be too low.

/Rich

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks

My seat is moved forward slightly, but I like it better because the seatback is now reclined a a little more. Its a much more natural seating posistion, as opposed to bolt upright stock position.

OP
OP
F

Freiherr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
@rcl4668

"Bear in mind that the 2 inch lowering kit will fix the seat in place so you weill no longer be able to slide fore and aft (although you will be able to adjust the recline angle)."

Oh, didn´t I mention that I was looking for the perfect excuse for not letting my girlfriend behind the wheel whenever she asks me to let her drive the Viper?

"I´m so sorry, Babe, but unfortunately we can´t move the seat forward, you are simply not tall enough for this car...."

She´s just 6"1.....:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte