Seat Lowering Kit

n-mo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So I made the purchase from John B. at partsrack (WHAT A PHENOMENAL INDIVIDUAL) and installed the 2'' kit today. I can't understand what all the whining (looked up some old posts) was about on this board regarding these kits... got that kit in my car and the seat reinstalled in just over 20 minutes. I thought this was supposed to be a car club..... OK, OK enough with the [******]... yep, it took me all afternoon, probably 4+ hours. Man that is a tight fit back there, but WHOA what a difference!! I'm 6'4'' tall and it really feels good to be looking out the middle of the windshield, instead of ducking around the sun visor. If anyone is in the area and is going to install one of these kits I would be more than happy to assist (this could include NW chicago).

I also splurged on the gripper shifter (with good old sneaky on the top), some new side emblems and one rear "viper rt/10" emblem to match my stripes. John B. is a great guy, he even threw in some free viper "stuff" for my son. So, with that I say kudos, kudos to you John B.

All I have left to do now are, wheels, springs, interior dress up, powdercoat engine (at the very least the valve covers), breaks, and intake.

Nate

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I wish I could do the two inch kit, but my wife likes to drive the car too...she's 5'2", I'm 6'4". I'm going to be installing the 1" kit and hoping it's enough.

And yes, JB is a GREAT guy. When he heard I have a 7 year old son, he sent us a bunch of cool Viper toys that match my Bumblebee...no cost. He will be getting more business from me.