Seat Lowering

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much more room do you actually get from these kits? Does 1" make that much of a difference? From what I read, the 1" allows you to move the seat fwd and back, but the 2" fixes the seat in place? I sat in a SRT for the first time today and was surprised at the lack of leg room I had. I thought the C6 would be tighter, but its actually bigger inside. Would changing out the SRT seats to some aftermarket Sparcos or something similar provide more room? I am only 6-3, but my knees were right up against the dash.

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion you really don't get more leg room with a seat lowering kit(1", I dont know about the 2"). You get more headroom and a little less thigh support. I think your knees also lower as a result and they are no longer pressed into the dash.

I have a 34" inseam and am 6'2" and the 1" works well. It gets my line of site slightly below the visor on my SRTC and the leg room is roughly the same as in my C5 vette.

Also, the pedals have a power adjust so make sure that is as far down as possible.

Good luck

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 1'' made a world of difference for me. The seats are tight but not uncomfortable on road trips. As far as leg room, I can stretch my legs all the way out and I'm very comfortable. I'm 6'2'' 215lbs.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From stock to 2" lower is night and day. I am 6'2" and have the 2" it was very strange at first but it was well worth it, I say a must. Your line of sight through the windshield is perfect. But you do lose the forward adjustment, but at 6'3" you would not be useing it.

OP
OP
N

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I figured the 2" would be great, but my g/f is only 5ft and the 2" would make the car undrivable for her not being able to move the seat fwd. I guess I could buy the 1" and if it doesn't work, sell it and get the 2".

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doe's the 2 inch lowering kit, not allow the back of the seat to adjust? I know you can't move it forward. I wouldn't mind the 2 inch kit, if the back of the seat could be adjusted to where I want it.
ps, high everyone, been real busy lately

DViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 2" lowering kit for both the Driver and Passenger seats. I’ll let them go $200 for both if anyone is interested.

I tried the 1" and 2" and prefer the 1". The 1" kit will not fit over the AMP on the passenger seat, while the 2" clears it fine.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 2" lowering kit for both the Driver and Passenger seats. I’ll let them go $200 for both if anyone is interested.

I tried the 1" and 2" and prefer the 1". The 1" kit will not fit over the AMP on the passenger seat, while the 2" clears it fine.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to put the 1" lowering kit onto the passenger seat after removing the amp? I would not think it would be a big deal to move the amp into the trunk. Any comments?

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ther was a post 4-6 weeks ago when someone said they put the amp in the trunk and it was a pain in the ass. I think that they where doing a all new system though.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Voltage. So Jon, Parts Rack, will the drivers side 1" lowering kit fit the passenger side if you remove the amp? You are the expert man!