Seat Removal

Broch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've search several threads on how to remove the seat by removing the seat bottom first to get access to the bolts, but these threads no longer exist, as the reference an older version of viperclub.org.

My question is, how to get the seat bottom off? I can pull the "back" of it up and open it like a hood, but how do I "dehinge" it from the front?

:crazy2:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
see my lumbar support bladder blown thread - there is a link to "how to remove the seat bottom" with pics!

Tagoo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you are just trying to get the seat out, you won't need to remove the seat bottom. Simply slide the seat back to remove the front mounting bolts, then slide the seat forward to remove to rear seat mounting bolts, then lift the whole seat out.

Only if you have a 2" lowering kit installed will you need to remove the seat bottom to access the bolts (2" lowering kit eliminates ability to slide seat forward). If this is your situation, you must remove the 2 screws that mount the slider lever (on front of seat bottom), then clip the 2 zip ties that hold the seat covers to the front corners of the seat bottom frame. Finally you will need to release the front seat bottom material from the frame by pulling it down and forward. It is clipped to a rail at the very bottom of the seat assembly. With the seat material released, you can lift it up and then lift the seat bottom foam which provides access to the mounting bolts.

It is simple to remove the seat without a 2" lowering kit it is really tough to do with the kit.

Oh! Don't forget to remove the seat belt loop from the upper part of the seat before trying to lift the seat out.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
funny this pops up now I spent 30 minutes last night trying to get my seat out. there is a wire clip under the front of the seat next to the slide lever that needs to by pryed back then the seat comes out easy. The hard part is getting the damned thing back on.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tagoo that must be for a different gen car because that is not how to remove a Gen 1 seat and there is NO way to get to the rear bolts without removing the seat cushion

Tagoo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
J&R..
You are correct - my description was for a gen2. I failed to notice that the owner drove a gen1 - my bad.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reach under the front of the seat ... There is a length of spring wire that runs from side to side that hooks over the bottom part of the front support bracket. It's a a bit of a PIA but you need to unhook it. It secures the front part of the seat. The rest is simple.

edit: oops, J&R beat me to it...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang