sebring florida race track

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many years back VCA held a VOI (Snake Rumble and Roll), and used Sebring for the track days. It was a blast. Lots of run off. Lots of Vipers had their first experience of brake fade at that pretty high speed track.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many years back VCA held a VOI (Snake Rumble and Roll), and used Sebring for the track days. It was a blast. Lots of run off. Lots of Vipers had their first experience of brake fade at that pretty high speed track.

Ain't nothing worse then brake fade, happened to me here at Willow Springs as a beginner. Going down the front straight at 120+ hit the brakes for the 90 degree left and it went all the way down to the floor, there isn't a worse feeling. Luckily being a beginner I broke early and was going slow enough to make the turn. I put Castrol SRF into my Gen II and bled them good. In a Gen IV ACR now I hit 155 mph at the end of the straight, gotta make sure the brakes are taken care of.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a '93 300ZX, I had the pedal go to the floor coming out of NASCAR turn 2 at Texas Motor Speedway, braking for the 180 into the infield. What a sick feeling. I just used the back straight as my over run , thanks G-d all I did was blow a bunch of cones away.

Now in my Gen IV, the first thing I did was install steel braided brake lines and use RBF600 fluid. Flushing with all new fluid for my trip down to COTA at the end of the month. Fresh brakes= cheap insurance.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any where in Fl. or Ga. that has a track?

Try Google....or check out NASA, NARRA, SCCA, MVP (Track Time), all kinds of Track Days.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Roebling Road in Savannah rented out twice this year. Great little track with lots of run off and only one wall. Tons of groups run Sebring and if you really wanna go fast there's always Daytona.

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome tracks I have never had the privilege to drive. With brake fade if the pedal gets soft and goes to the floor it is the brake fluid that is not durable enough and probably boiling. If the pedal is hard but doesn't stop the car it is probably the pads not handling the heat.

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Homestead in South Miami. To my knowledge there has never been a Viper Days here but they do Hooked on Driving Track Days on the regular. We have a few members that are known to attend. I am considering it myself but in the meantime I am doing my first autocross with the Viper next weekend along side my regular autocross Miata. I don't have any seat time in the Viper on any track and I want to see how it handles etc before I get it out on the big track plus it is only $40 per car. I don't know of any members that autocross their Vipers down here. At our last track day we had several built Corvettes, Mustangs, and Camaros but usually the folks can't drive them. They just spin all their power away. While cool doesn't not equal lap times. The one caveat to that is a Porsche GT3 showed up and ran away with it. Times were really not even close. Pretty impressive actually. I want to see if my judicious foot can at match my little car. My thought is my little car is just too specialized for this type of track that rewards low speed, abrupt line changing handling autos. We will see.

Craig,

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soft brakes on earlier Vipers was most always from overheated front brake lines.

The brake bias used very little rear braking, so the fronts had to do all the work.

Easiest, and pretty successful solution, was a combination of higher boiling point fresh brake fluid, and wrap tied on porsche turbo air deflectors to force come cooling air over the brakes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang