Sell my ACR? I'm torn...

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2008 ACR "*********" edition in Viper Red with black center band and red driver's stripe. I had it on eBay but it did not hit reserve. After it was over, I became aware that I was kind of glad it did not sell. I was going to go back to a 'vert but the communication from some Viper guys indicated that I was nuts to sell this car. Should I keep this car or sell it with the idea of being prepared for the Gen V ACR when (if) it becomes available? Thanks, Mike :feedback:

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you ever tracked the ACR, or plan on doing so? Do you prefer the convertible for cruising around? Whats your purpose for the car? Only you know what you like best! So do what YOU want. Don't let people convince you of what's best for you! Good luck.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would never give up my ACR for a vert. What you do is your call.

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not have both like me! My '08 ACR ******** was converted to an X for track duty and my '08 vert is my daily driver! In fact the vert's odometer turned 50,000 miles this week :drive:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, just need to figure what you really want. I've met a bunch of guys with ACRs who act like I'm crazy to suggest tracking them. If you're not, I don't know why you'd have one, its' what it's built for, I guess for the attention or to polish it, but I don't get it. But then I don't get the collector, don't dare drive it, thing either. Me? If I had an ACR I'd track and hang on to it. Until, there was another car/viper made that was irrestible & then I'd set out to sell & move on, til then, no question I'd hang on to it. The fact you're waffling, may mean you've not seen something irresistible yet.

And can we stop posting the stupid ACR Vert, I got so close to trying to buy that when it sold up north, seeing it makes me want to cry a little for missing out. lol

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would live at the track if I could afford to, however since I can't I will enjoy the the beast in my garage and every where on the roads I take it! :drive:

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would live at the track if I could afford to, however since I can't I will enjoy the the beast in my garage and every where on the roads I take it! :drive:

I am with you.... I used to race a Honda S2000 with NASA.... we went to watch the races last month and the first S2000 blew a rod through the block, second S2000 hit the oil, slid sideways and rolled and the 3rd S2000 then hit the destroyed rolling S2000...... Despite none of that ever happening to my S2000 when I was on track, I can only imagine that happening to me in my $75k (roughly) 2009 ACR.....

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2008 ACR "*********" edition in Viper Red with black center band and red driver's stripe. I had it on eBay but it did not hit reserve. After it was over, I became aware that I was kind of glad it did not sell. I was going to go back to a 'vert but the communication from some Viper guys indicated that I was nuts to sell this car. Should I keep this car or sell it with the idea of being prepared for the Gen V ACR when (if) it becomes available? Thanks, Mike :feedback:
If you track it, keep it. If not, its a waist of car , especially a ******** edition. Sell it....

OP
OP
V

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like my situation. And B & R has a good solution...have both the ACR and the 'vert!