selling price advice please '01 ACR

Robsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an '01 ACR sapphire with silver stripes with 5,300 miles and I am looking to price it to sell quickly.

Can you please suggest a fair but quick selling price?

I Also have an '04 Red SRT with 28,000 miles I want to sell -- suggested quick sale price for this car too would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask Invictus on the Alley for some ideas. He just bought a cherry 01 Saffire/Silver striped GTS with 7100 miles from a member in VA. He got a steal on it...but that's not what you want to hear. I'll let him tell you the price. WOW.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe sell the other one first, then see if your situation changes....?

Best to you-Leslie

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
01 ACR-id start at low 40s but if your trying to sell quick then mid 30s

SRT high 30s low 40s. Provided both are in excellant condition. To be honest I'd hold out on selling the ACR for mid to high 40s if you can. I know a member who purchased a red 97 GTS with more miles for 45k

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolleyes: explains why you don't own one :D

01 ACR-id start at low 40s but if your trying to sell quick then mid 30s

SRT high 30s low 40s. Provided both are in excellant condition. To be honest I'd hold out on selling the ACR for mid to high 40s if you can. I know a member who purchased a red 97 GTS with more miles for 45k

Last edited:

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask Invictus on the Alley for some ideas. He just bought a cherry 01 Sappire/Silver striped GTS with 7100 miles from a member in VA. He got a steal on it...but that's not what you want to hear. I'll let him tell you the price. WOW.

Dick's car was super clean, Corsa exhaust, original owner, and it was for sale at $42k for over 4 months. You'll need to give us some more info on your car before we can pin it down a little more.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait until spring before you sell, you'll get more...

With the deals that everyone is getting, you will need to price the ACR for mid $30's for a quick sale. My friend bought a 96 B/W w/ 11k miles for $30k, but that was a fire sale.

Low $30's for the SRT IMHO...

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob sorry to hear your letting your Vipers go. If I hadn't just purchased a new house I'd be looking at the GTS. I know my uncle Vic would be drooling over either of those cars. Good Luck

ps If you hold out on the Sapphire I might buy it down the road.

OP
OP
R

Robsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions and price advice.

I am selling mostly because both cars spend too much time in storage and I am looking for a change.

Thinking about a Porsche Turbo ...

I know you all are right about the ACR being somewhat rare -- that is why I hardly ever drive it. Seems like I should pass it along to someone who will use it and enjoy it more often than I do.

gtsacrrox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 2001 ACR solid red in Oct.2010 with 22k miles mint condition with only mods being Belanger headers, High Flow Cats and Corsa exhaust. Purchased for 39K.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id say 36k for the acr and 38k for the srt for quick sales...what state you in..here in hawaii they could sell tomorrow for those prices...but in texas for example..even at those prices they might sit for a lil while..good luck

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know you all are right about the ACR being somewhat rare -- that is why I hardly ever drive it. Seems like I should pass it along to someone who will use it and enjoy it more often than I do.

awww jeeze, what a nice guy:rolleyes:

Thats a pathetic excuse.:dunno: If you like the car drive it. If you dont just say it.

Listing price is really not that important. The most important thing is where you list it to get maximum exposure. Listing on several forums as well as ebay and cars.com or autotrader will yield in Several phonecalls and emails. People will make Offers irrelivant to your listing price. After negotiation, you choose what the sale price will be. Goodluck with your sale, and i do hope that both vipers end up with owners that will appreciate them:drive:

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it needs nothing, is in pristine condition, and has no stories then it's a 45-48K car. It might take 2-4 months to sell at that price but it will sell.

My s/s ACR is in pristine condition and needed nothing but a new owner.

I know, I was recently asking in the low 50's for mine. I couldn't hear anything but the sound of crickets for a loooong time (obviously, not very motivated to sell either)

I started to offer sellers mid/high 40's from my asking price because I was a bit more motivated to sell.

I then had multiple interested buyers. Ahh, the sweet spot.

It's pretty much sold now (just need to complete the transaction) within the range I stated above. I also have a strong back up buyer.

Otherwise, I would recommend keeping it and tell the low ballers to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. :)

Signed,

This advice and a quarter won't buy you a cup of coffee. :)

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am selling mostly because both cars spend too much time in storage and I am looking for a change.

Just sent you a PM for your phone number. A friend of mine might be interested in picking up both of your Vipers. He also has a Porsche Turbo that you might be interested in.

:2tu:

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bought a 2006 911/997 TWIN TURBO S Porsche cab (convertible) with the X50 package,Yellow Calipers, tiptronic shifting, and all the stuff that comes in the Porsche loaded. I sold my 2008 SRT 10 Viper to buy it in 2008. The MSRP on the Porsche was $150,000. I drove it for less then 2 weeks and I was sooooooo bored, no one EVER even glanced at it, it was like a normal car in traffic, no pictures, no questions.......I sold it immediately, recovered most of my money and bought a 2009 ACR Viper and was back in hog heaven. You will be back in a VIPER, as you will see. (and every Porsche owner I drove by I would wave and they NEVER waved back, noses in the air)( sad people I guess, wishing they was driving a Viper.):headbang: :eater:

Last edited:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What point are you trying to make. I missed it as i have a 00' gts. :)
If im not mistaken you arent a member? If not Man up and join! If you are glad your here:):):)
Sapphire ACR 5000 miles man thats a 48000 dollar car! Im selling my Sapphire coupe to buy a 09 or 10 ACR but if you sell in the thirties Ill buy yours instead!!!! Want to move it quick I would bet at 45 its gone within weeks.

TP_ GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a 2006 911/997 TWIN TURBO S Porsche cab (convertible) with the X50 package,Yellow Calipers, tiptronic shifting, and all the stuff that comes in the Porsche loaded. I sold my 2008 SRT 10 Viper to buy it in 2008. The MSRP on the Porsche was $150,000. I drove it for less then 2 weeks and I was sooooooo bored, no one EVER even glanced at it, it was like a normal car in traffic, no pictures, no questions.......I sold it immediately, recovered most of my money and bought a 2009 ACR Viper and was back in hog heaven. You will be back in a VIPER, as you will see. (and every Porsche owner I drove by I would wave and they NEVER waved back, noses in the air)( sad people I guess, wishing they was driving a Viper.):headbang: :eater:

I have a close friend of mine who picked up a 2009 Twin Turbo. He's owned a Gen II GTS, C5 & C6 ZO6 in the past and drives the piss out of his cars. He's a pretty good driver. Anyway, after 6 months of ownership he loves the all wheel drive, the quality, fit and finish. Appreciates the relatively bullet proof motor BUT...> he is a DRIVER and says the car does nothing for his desire to "DRIVE" the car. The TT makes a bad driver... drive great! Just get in hit the gas, steer and the car will make it happen with little effort or input from the driver. He truly misses the adrenaline rush from driving a car that is not so "Easy" to push hard. We've compared notes since my recent purchase and the feeling that I now have in the GTS is what he misses. He literally used the words "It's Boring to drive at times!" Oh....and as mentioned above, the amount of attention is not even close (If you're into that :dunno:).

If im not mistaken you arent a member? If not Man up and join! If you are glad your here:):):)
Sapphire ACR 5000 miles man thats a 48000 dollar car! Im selling my Sapphire coupe to buy a 09 or 10 ACR but if you sell in the thirties Ill buy yours instead!!!! Want to move it quick I would bet at 45 its gone within weeks.

The right buyer is out there looking for a clean ACR. It's all about what he/she is willing to pay, for a car they really want. IMHO: That's a good range to work with IF you are patient enough to wait for the right buyer.

OP: I suggest getting QUALITY PHOTOS to show the cars pristine condition if and when you advertise. Too many sellers post pictures that do not show the car well.

Good luck!

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One other bit of advice get good clear pics of the undercarriage if it needs detailing detail it.if it's clean and well sorted there it's an instant turn on!

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't sell yourself short on the S/S. I'd agree with Goldcup on the price range. You'll hear stories all over the place about 'I know someone that knows someone' ... talk with a few of the people on here that have actually sold or bought in the recent past.

It's a buyer's market right now, but that will turn around. I bought my S/S a little over a year ago from a VCA member because he wanted a Porche TT. Guess what, he couldn't stand not having a Viper and turned around and got an '02 FE GTS!

Ts99ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with both TP and Goldcup. I recently bought a Viper and this thread is a perfect example of the market trend.

It is a buyer's market because when I posted a thread "Ready to Buy" I received a lot of positive *** along with a lot of sellers and "thinking about" sellers letting me know about their Vipers.

I would be willing to bet that the only *** you are receiving are the ones offering you far less then you're asking and the replies here saying if you're truly interested in a quick sell, you will have to lower your price.

I would have spent 50K on exactly what I wanted, but didn't have to. By looking around I got exactly what I wanted for far less. 99 Blk/Blk ACR 20K miles :D

Your ACR is a beautiful car and ultimately you will have to live with the selling price. Just keep in mind that any prospective buyer will have to set aside $1600 for new rubber along with paying that premium price.

Best of luck to you! Personally, I hope you get what you are asking for!
Tony
:eater:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21