Selling/Trading my GTS in, for a VOI 9 SRT/10. Need opinions on value..

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I never thought the day would come. But I found a VOI9 SRT/10 that I just have to buy..:)

I typically would sell my car outright, because the condition is so incredible. However, the market is not in great shape, and I really dont have time for the Ebay,Autotrader B.S.. Here is the deal...

2001 GTS, Solid Race yellow, all original documentation, Corsa,RT Cats. Otherwise 100% stock.. 13,900 miles.. No accidents, never painted in anyway, no stories AT ALL.. The car is MINT!! There is not even a mark under the front facia. Not a scratch or mark on the wheels. The interior still looks and smells new.. Never in any kind of bad weather. Full fluid service just done

The number he is offering isnt terrible, but it isnt great either..

What is this worth. Anyone interested in making an offer on it?

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone on Viperalley said they picked up a 2001 yellow with black strips, 20k miles, and cat back exhaust for 43k and thought he got a good deal. I have to agree, not that many yellow ones out there compared to the other colors, especially the yellow and black.

I personally would say low 40s (43-42). If people keep selling these cars for less then what they're worth then when someones tries to sell theres for what's its worth, it will sit because the bulk sell for much less.

Take advise from those selling the 96-97 B/W, you will be hard pressed to find one, even in todays market, under 45 with good miles and that is a stretch in some cases. If you can afford it, I would say seat on it with a fair price and only lower when you must sell. But what do I know.

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is mid 40's is high spot, 40 even is avg, below that you're in the priced to sell quick range.

Good luck!

well.... The dealer trade-in figures is above both of those numbers.. And NO, the car Im buying is not "padded" either.. I think sometimes we sell ourselves short on our cars.. We see Ebay and Autotrader Prices, and think that is the true market. when in many cases, those cars have "issues" that are not disclosed. Vipers are VERY sensitive to prior accidents/paintwork, modifications,etc. There could be up to a $10k swing in value, based on these factors. And thats assuming a clean title car obviously.

A clean, well documented GTS is still very much in demand. Ok, here is the deal...They are at high $40's on my car. And since the purchase is out of state. There is NO tax savings for me. So high $40's would be the net number for me, to have to "beat" for a private sale.. I was looking for $50k, but I agree thats close to retail, as the guy at the dealership stated. And they arent far off that number @ $47k. Which is what they are offering. Im probably going to make the deal..

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
at 47K i think thats a decent deal. Can you get more, yes. But you will have to wait for that special buyer and it could be months if not longer.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like you should be satisfied with your offer from the dealer then.

My opinion of this market ($$$ sports cars) is that with all of the factors that influence the selling price -

Patience

- that the same car could be $10K up or down. You should move on that deal.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I am so jealous, that is one of my favorite color combos on the VOI9 cars!!!I am shocked at the value on cars in our age/mileage range but would gladly take a beating for the VOI 9 car and I prefer GenII coupes over all others,good luck, lots of pictures when you take delivery!!!!!!

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ha, I am looking at adding a VOI9 car as well-they color combo is awesome.

Anyways, 47k seems like a good trade-in offer-depending on what the VOI car is selling for, I would definitely go for it.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will pick one of those cars up someday and thankfully most people do not drive Vipers so I will find one that is nearly new!!!That white/blue is the bomb as my kids would say!!!I would take that car over the 08 anyday

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is the voi9 car going to be sold at? 47k tradein means nothing if they are screwing you on the sale price.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My guess is mid 40's is high spot, 40 even is avg, below that you're in the priced to sell quick range.

Good luck!
40k EVEN for a 2001 MINT GTS with 13k miles on it. You are dumber than originally thought. :rolaugh: I know Ron and his car and they a P-E-R-F-E-C-T

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is the voi9 car going to be sold at? 47k tradein means nothing if they are screwing you on the sale price.

I am at mid-upper $60's (still negotiating) on the VOI9 coupe with only 2000 miles on it. I have looked, with that mileage. The car is priced right. You can find other color 06' coupes for less. But they are all solid color cars, or B&W's..

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the dealer is giving you a fair price. You could probably get low 50's come spring if you wanted to wait. I think 50 if somebody is looking for your car is more than fair for both sides. Where were all these types of deal on Graphite or Sapphire cars when I was looking, although I wanted a 6k or less car.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
40k EVEN for a 2001 MINT GTS with 13k miles on it. You are dumber than originally thought. :rolaugh: I know Ron and his car and they a P-E-R-F-E-C-T

Wow. King Chicken Wing is back. Waiting for the plumber, so you decided to trash another thread?

You have an answer for everything King Door Knob, but no solutions.

Anyway, yesterday was fun, but I'm not going to trash this thread with you.

If you continue this here, you are M-A-S-T-U-R-B......

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good luck!

yeah, thats completely ridiculous.. My car would bring 45-47, even at Menheim auto auction. $40k = a story car.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well.... The dealer trade-in figures is above both of those numbers.. And NO, the car Im buying is not "padded" either.. I think sometimes we sell ourselves short on our cars.. We see Ebay and Autotrader Prices, and think that is the true market. when in many cases, those cars have "issues" that are not disclosed. Vipers are VERY sensitive to prior accidents/paintwork, modifications,etc. There could be up to a $10k swing in value, based on these factors. And thats assuming a clean title car obviously.

A clean, well documented GTS is still very much in demand. Ok, here is the deal...They are at high $40's on my car. And since the purchase is out of state. There is NO tax savings for me. So high $40's would be the net number for me, to have to "beat" for a private sale.. I was looking for $50k, but I agree thats close to retail, as the guy at the dealership stated. And they arent far off that number @ $47k. Which is what they are offering. Im probably going to make the deal..

yeah, thats completely ridiculous.. My car would bring 45-47, even at Menheim auto auction. $40k = a story car.

This place is amazing.

First reply to my post - calm, civil, polite.

Knock Knock.

Who's there?

King Thunb Tack.

Second reply to my post - more Dave bashing.

OK, I'm in.

Let's trash your thread too!!!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taximan, those numbers sound good on the trade and buy.

To your comments on sales tax, I would think that you should only have to pay sales tax on the net difference since your trading? Check with your DMV and check with the selling dealer.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's another voi9 car at the lot down the street from me... the wheels are powdercoated in blue. Nice looking car. If anyone is interested I can go take a loot at it for ya.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Good luck!
No dave, 44-47k is not what you said. You said the above exactly as quoted. Not only are you a dummy but your also a liar now too. The seller of this vehicle and originator of this thread happened to be in my wedding party, a best friend through high school, and a weekly lunch date of mine so I doubt he thinks it is me ruining his thread. :lmao:

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the deal is done..... I own a VOI9 car... Of course it is 1000 miles from me at the time. thanks for the input.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on the VOI car I will be glad to pick it up and ferry it to you for free although we would have to agree on the mileage your car will have when you recieve it.HA HA HA!!! I want pictures when you recieve so I can torture myself with it:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

rmani

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what exactly is a VOI car? Please forgive my ignorance.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what exactly is a VOI car? Please forgive my ignorance.

A VOI car is a 2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe in the special color scheme White with Blue Stripes. The interior also has blue components. They only made 100 of these lovely vehicles and they are in very high demand. The reason they are called VOI cars is because they were delievered at the Last Viper Owners Invitational (VOI9). Here are a few pictures of the car for reference:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant