SEMA SRT Viper (aerokit)

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Details of the SEMA SRT viper were released today. Here are some links and info:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chryslergroup/8080464128/

http://www.torquenews.com/106/mopar-bringing-modified-2013-srt-viper-sema-2012

From autoblog: SRT Viper

The new 2013 SRT Viper isn't just the ultimate super car. It's also the ultimate super car for accessories and performance parts, thanks to Viper owners who love to customize their Snake. The "Moparized" 2013 SRT Viper is a showcase for what may be done with a little imagination and a lot of Mopar products.

The race-inspired, customized yellow SRT Viper utilizes many lightweight carbon fiber parts, including underhood, with an exposed carbon fiber performance cross X-Brace trimmed in a satin finish, with a decal-cut Viper "Stryker" logo in the center of the unique X-Brace. Due to its carbon fiber construction, the X-Brace is close to 50 percent lighter than the factory version, with the same strength and functional stiffness. The engine cover is also constructed of carbon fiber and aluminum, and emblazoned with the SRT logo, as is the prototype aluminum oil filler cap. Performance is also improved by a carbon fiber aero package, and for handling, Mopar coil springs aid in suspension performance.

The full black interior includes yellow accents throughout, offering subtle touches that bring the outside color to the inside. Sabelt hard-shell seats, which include a six-point safety harness, carry the yellow exterior color on the back. The seat edging is black Katzkin leather with yellow accents in the perforations, giving a subtle, tailored feel to the interior. Further touches are added with a Mopar billet aluminum shift knob and billet aluminum HVAC bezels and controls.

A fun and unique appointment is the carbon fiber bulkhead satchel, with a universal integrated quick-release camera mount, for owners who like to track their adventures with the security and convenience of a mounted camera inside the vehicle. The Viper is also modified with bright, polished chrome door-sill guards that carry the Viper logo and a race-inspired, sand-blasted aluminum Mopar bright pedal kit, with the Viper logo etched in the pedals. The footrest pedal also carries the "Stryker" logo, adding to the many surprising touches. Exterior upgrades include optional "Track Pack" wheels finished in hyperblack, a front tow hook and an LED fog lamp kit.

I had a 2002 Viper GTS which I sold in 2006. The new viper has me very interested.

Last edited:

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good find. Can't wait to see official pictures....especially of the interior and engine bay. Here is a larger picture below....

You must be registered for see images attach

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know this Gen V info is fine and dandy...
But this is just awesome!

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/10/mopar-drops-srt-viper-v10-into-dodge.html

For this year's SEMA Show, they had the opportunity to do it again, this time with the latest iteration of the Dodge Charger sports sedan that gets a Viper 8.4-liter V10 Mopar crate engine, good enough for 650-horsepower, or 10hp more than the new 2013 SRT Viper sports coupe.We're not sure we understand the "hows" and" whys", but Chrysler says that the V10 engine makes the Dodge Charger Juiced more eco-friendly:
"The Viper V-10 injects a venom-worthy boost of 650 horsepower into the Charger Juiced, but tones down the emissions to remain eco-friendly," the company said in a statement.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always great to see what they bring out to SEMA but its sad that its not always a production option. I still want that V10 Challenger they did a few years ago.

Anyone coming to SEMA should also plan on attending the official VCA SEMA dinner. Contact Marko 702-528-1414 for info and to reserve your spot. (he may also be able to help with access to SEMA)

vettestripes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only see the rear spoiler as the additional item compares to production gen V.

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be at SEMA again this year. Maurice and I both emailed Marko to see if there was another dinner meeting this year but neither of us have heard back.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better photo of Mopar Viper with aero kit:

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the higher ducktail spoiler rather than a wing. I think it looks great!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that it means anything but a while back I had mentioned a spoiler that would plays off the curvature on the roof instead of just a flat wing. I'm glad someone was thinking the same. The duck tail with the down turn in the middle to match the roof looks good like I thought it would.

This looks better as well. I can see these being custom painted to match whatever color scheme people choose. It would be nice to see an all carbon one as well...

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This looks better as well. I can see these being custom painted to match whatever color scheme people choose. It would be nice to see an all carbon one as well...
You must be registered for see images

You mean like this one...
DSCN0310.JPG

Will be available through MOPAR w/Carbon fiber spark plug covers also.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool stuff. I really the spoiler and x brace. I still can't get over the Cadillacesque engine covers. SRT needs to get rid of that plastic garbage for the mid cycle refresh. Viper engine needs to look menacing.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool stuff. I really the spoiler and x brace. I still can't get over the Cadillacesque engine covers. SRT needs to get rid of that plastic garbage for the mid cycle refresh. Viper engine needs to look menacing.

What he said!

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Mopar has added a carbon fiber aerodynamics package to improve downforce but they didn’t offer any details as to what this package includes. Based on a comparison between the drawings displayed today and pictures of the production Viper, this aero package looks like it includes a molded rear decklid spoiler and perhaps a more aggressive rear diffuser but we won’t know that for sure until we get to SEMA."Also if it is necessary to use a six (6) vent hood to properly balance the car or if the two (2) vent hood will do the trick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62