Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sale good until 9/30/07

This is a combo sale
DVS-017 Billet P/S Bracket 96-02
DVS-018 Billet P/S Pulley 96-02
Retail $234.95

Sale Price $199.95 includes FREE shipping in the USA (Cal add tax)

Big Brake Dave :drive:
www.davesbigbrakes.com
858-382-4713

PS_Pulley_Brkt.jpg

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave... Aside from the 0.0000000000001 HP gain with your billet P/S pump bracket, how many stock ones have you actually seen break? I understand the ramifications of if it would, but is it really a risky part?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, lots of them break if you have a ROE SC on your car. try SEARCH and you'll see.

And they don't just break... they obliterate!

But if all you want is a PS pulley, that can be had from March Performance for ~$90. But for the bracket (which is also prone to breakage) you have very few choices.

JD

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, lots of them break if you have a ROE SC on your car. try SEARCH and you'll see.

And they don't just break... they obliterate!

But if all you want is a PS pulley, that can be had from March Performance for ~$90. But for the bracket (which is also prone to breakage) you have very few choices.

JD

Well, I have an NA car, and based on your reply, would ask what the benefit of the pulley is too. My wallet is unlimited for mods that mean something, and I guess the bracket sounds good. But what about the pulley? Why upgrade it?

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a Na car the pulley will fail at some
point because it is made of plastic,heat vibration
and stress will do it.

Skeeter

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I have an NA car, and based on your reply, would ask what the benefit of the pulley is too. My wallet is unlimited for mods that mean something, and I guess the bracket sounds good. But what about the pulley? Why upgrade it?

Don't bother upgrading your pulley. Just tell us if it fails so we can say that we told you so.

Again, try the SEARCH button. it is more useful than the POST button sometimes... like now!

OP
OP
D

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a Na car the pulley will fail at some
point because it is made of plastic,heat vibration
and stress will do it.

Skeeter

Thank you Skeeter:D I've sold over 150 so far:2tu: and Gen2's are the only ones with PLASTIC. Gen1 & Gen3's have steel:( Gen2 Vipers they cheated on:confused: lots of plastic that is now breaking.
When they break, it shears off right at the hub:omg:

Big Brake Dave:drive:
www.davesbigbrakes.com

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't bother upgrading your pulley. Just tell us if it fails so we can say that we told you so.

Again, try the SEARCH button. it is more useful than the POST button sometimes... like now!

Hmmm. I'm starting to see some convincing evidence that I should upgrade both those items. Maybe a conspiracy...

And hey, sometimes posting is way more entertaining and eventful than using the "research" feature.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm. I'm starting to see some convincing evidence that I should upgrade both those items. Maybe a conspiracy...

And hey, sometimes posting is way more entertaining and eventful than using the "research" feature.

Personally, i didn't have issues with mine but did eventually replace it b/c it had some small stress cracks after about 15k miles.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, i didn't have issues with mine but did eventually replace it b/c it had some small stress cracks after about 15k miles.

Dude... I'm sold. Dave will have an order soon. Thanks for helping convince me! I've put drive shaft and half shaft loops on too just because of the same logic. They are cheap compared to the consequence.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it is more important to lie by omission to viper owners?

I'm not sure i like that policy.

Don't worry Dave... you can put more products on sale next month. I'm sure you'll do fine.

ASP Racing and March performance are the two manufacturers who make pulleys. And the guys at both shops (although they don't target vipers specifically) can make anything that anybody wants. And no, Leigh didn't pay me to say that (from ASP Racing). In fact, the pulley from ASP looks quite similar to the one in your pic! Y'all must have gone to the same design school...

Dave - your stuff is awesome! I'm workin' for you here!

JD

Last edited:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave's products are awesome... Great quality & a nice guy.

I bought the pulley he makes for Gen III's... It would have made more HP if he had made it in Blue :rolaugh:

Too bad he doesn't make more parts for us Gen III owners :dunno:

Gotta bust ya OGO... Now get to work :eater:

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello Dave!

I have a 96 GTS and have ordered a Billet P/S pulley from PBJ. PBJ is "tweaking" my Viper and therefore the reason I purchased the pulley from him. It sounds like I should be replacing the plastic P/S pulley. Having said that, do you recommend I replace all 5 pulley for the Gen. II? If so, do you have a special price for all 5?

Look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks
Jason

OP
OP
D

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jason,

That's up to you:D I sell the 5 pulley kit for $595, I base my pricing on full 6 pulleys kits including the belt. Splitting up sets cost more. If you'd bought my p/s pulley:confused: then I'd have a better deal as you would already have the p/s pulley.

Big Brake Dave :drive:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave, you sent me my billet P/S set on Tuesday when I ordered it. Thanks!

I got it exactly 0.000002 x 10EE6 days later. Lightning fast delivery you use!

If I put the parts on tomorrow that means by Saturday I’m bored already and shopping on your web site for more mods!

You’re killing me!

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark me down as someone that broke my pulley and replaced it along with the mount with Dave's setup. I broke mine going down the freeway (spun the pulley on the shaft) and did not even know it until I noticed by temp guage was buried because the water pump wasn't turning. Fortunately no harm was done, but I kick myself for not upgrading sooner. Should be an automatic upgrade on Roe cars when installing the blower.

The good part about having the failure was I got to sit along the freeway for 2 hours waiting for the flatbed to arrive. Met lots of nice people who stopped to help. Had 2 cars rev their motor at me as I set there, both were Vettes. Had a 3rd one rev his motor at me while we were flatbedding the car back to the shop :confused: . Funny thing is that I don't remember ever having a Vette rev their motor at me when my car was operational.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put the set on when I did my Roe and loved the quality, fit and piece of mind. Thanks Dave. I'm looking forward to doing a brake kit this winter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude