Sheild License Plates From Cameras

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year we had a gathering in Richmond and there was a GTS that had a plastic cover on his license plate that sheilded the cameras in Northern Virginia from taken pictures. If you run a yellow light the cameras takes a picture of your license plate and you get a ticket in the mail. With this license plate cover it blocks the camera from getting the picture of you plate. I am trying to locate the place to purchase this cover. If anyone has information regarding this please e-mail me. Not statting that I am going to be running any lights, but sometimes this happens. Thanks for your help.
redface.gif
cool.gif

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are quite a number of these license plate "protectors" out there, but what I want to know if which ones are actually effective. For an idea of the range of ones available, do a search on yahoo for "laser jammer and license plate".

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At VOI3, I noted that nearly every one of the Vipers from Colorado had polarized license plate covers. Don't know if this was for laser diffraction, photo radar or red light cameras. The angle at which the plate was legible was very narrow indeed.

Perhaps Jerry or Joe can help with this one.

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those thinking about a plate cover and traveling through the state of Minnesota, read the following:
Statutes 169.79 (g) The person driving the motor vehicle shall keep the plate legible and unobstructed and free from grease, dust, or other blurring material so that the lettering shall be plainly visible at all times. It is unlawful to cover any assigned letters and numbers or the name of the state of origin of a license plate with any material whatever, including any clear or colorless material that affects the plate's visibility or reflectivity.

Thought you would like to know..

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have these on all my cars and they DO work and I have never been stopped for having them.

I know the law
devil.gif
clown.gif
says you are not suppose to put anything on the plate, but the law is also saying that the speed limit is 65 mph and we know that Vipers can go faster than 65!!
laugh.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456