She's a ****** again

steel snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She\'s a ****** again

Used some of your suggestions to get my curbed wheel (stock) back to specs. Didn't bother taking wheel off and started out with a Dremel to smooth out the worst of the rash. Using a 3m hard rubber pad I wet sanded from 320 up to 2500 and finished off with a Dremel buff using Jeweler's rouge and a final application of simichrome polish. Unless I told you you'd never know. It's puurrfect! Merry Xmas. :2tu:

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: She\'s a ****** again

You don't have to do anything, except be a typical VIper owner and apply something to the wheels every now and then. You cheated though. ;-) I had a blister on my thumb when I fixed my wheel. The only problem would be if you tried to fix a blemish on the middle of the wheel. Everybody would be able to tell, because the new area would be shinier than the rest of the wheel. I had Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara High-Polish all of my wheels, and they still look great two years later. It was about $500.00 to do all 4 wheels. Well worth it to get that real nice shine compared to the dull clear coated wheel.

steel snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: She\'s a ****** again

Hey Jon, If clearcoating even seems necessary I'll probably mask and blend with Eastwoods "nylack". Supposed to be hard as diamonds. I meant "******" in the ephemeral sense, as life is transitional, and we all yearn to be born again and discover our lost innocense. Damn, :D I should'a been a lawyer. :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LROV