short cool gingerman video clip

Bob Pommer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Catch Video

This is short clip of me at Gingerman. As you will notice I am pretty sideways and have to apply some serious opposite lock at about 80mph. That one turn in the middle is a mother... The back end kept getting light on me as I would go into trailing throttle oversteer. Your brain tells you to hit the brakes but the only solution is to put the power back down.... Its pretty fun once you get used to it. It took me a few laps to get that corner right. Again the car is so well balanced, it is relatively easy to reel it back in.

Big time WEEEEEEEEE factor...

It is labled "Nice Catch"... Bill Sampognaro, the Illinois VCA President, is in the right seat showing me what "Not to do" in that corner.

Im sure he had a little sphincter shrinkage on that one.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Bob, this might get you po'd, but I'll take a chance!

It looks like your turn in is a little jerky, and that may have upset the car? I'm talking about the steering input before the "catch". Am I seeing it right, or do I need internet glasses?

Whatever the case, its a nice clip!

OP
OP
B

Bob Pommer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I got off the gas too abrubtly. Its one of those tricky corners that if you dont slow down you will blow through the corner and since it is a high speed sweeper if you get off the gas or get on the brakes, you TTO trailing throttle oversteer... That one I got off the gas too much and the back end got light and VOILA' back end hang...

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob did very well at our event at Gingerman. He ran a 1:35.782 on street tires, which puts him into the very quick group. The video shows him coming out of turn #8 and going into #9. It looks like he was a little wide which makes the transition a little more delicate. Turn in too sharp or too much throttle and your rear end comes around. If you turn in sooner and hold a constant arc, tight to the apex, you're wide open throttle through the track out, then almost immediately back on the brakes for #10. It's a rush. Good job Bob, hope to see you at the July 12th auto cross.

Tom Shapiro
IL VCA
Performance Driving Director

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
That must be a kick in the *** fun! Very technical turn. What a rush....