Shortage of RT/10s?

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were about 90 RT/10s for sale in the VCA classifieds when I sold my '94 a few years ago. I was surprised to see that only 38 are available in the VCA classifieds today. What gives? Are people hoarding Roadsters?

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely! I have a new Gen III but would not give up my RT for anything!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It could also be that the people who bought them started to really enjoy them unlike the previous owners... who knows.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Especially S/C rt/10's..............

4718102_0286-med.JPG

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Brokers are really looking hard for them too. Demand for clean, low mile RT/10's, specially the side pipe cars is very strong.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Brokers are really looking hard for them too. Demand for clean, low mile RT/10's, specially the side pipe cars is very strong.

And will only get stronger. I bought mine for keeps.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mines a keeper.

Unless:

1. It somehow becomes worth so much money I become afraid to drive it and could purchase 3 brand new vettes for it's worth.

2. It gets wrecked and I need to replace it with another.

3. Someone comes out with something SOOOOOO cool in a realistic price range I cannot resist the upgrade.

OK. Fine. Scratch all that.

It's a Keeper.

Jeff

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
It's also a weird time for there to be a shortage - as with winter approaching, those that plan to sell soon would be selling before the snow starts to fly.

Dare I say that prices have bottomed and hopefully will start the upswing?

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put mine up for sale last week, and have been getting on average two calls/emails a day, much more than I expected for almost being winter! Despite a few nibbles, am sticking to my very reasonable asking price ($37k for a mint 26k mile car with warranty), If it doesn't sell, meh. :)

nofearracer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The reason there is soon to be a real shortage, is the fact they arent making any to replace the ones that get destroyed on what seems like a daily basis. Then there are guys (me included) that love the RT/10, and would never part with theirs. They'll get mine when they pry the key from my cold dead hand :D .