Shot a few new pictures of the house and cars...

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I took a few new pictures today even though the day was ****** since I finally moved into the new house (which yes is located next door lol)...(Started building both at the same time the one we planned on selling got done a lot before the one we moved in now!) You guys tell me which one you like better....
In the garage: (needs some new flooring in there)
You must be registered for see images

The new:

The old:

The shine: (I will post the story of everything used and pictures when the whole process is done...right now its sitting at 1 coat of paint protection need 2 more and then a coat of souveran!)
You must be registered for see images attach

Ricky :cool:

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Similar floor plans? Both look great from the outside, so go with the one you like best inside. What town are you in?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The new one has my vote! :)

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The insides are both basically the same...I really couldn't choose so I let others choose for me...People are willing to pay 40k extra for the one I moved into and they are next to each other! Took me a while to decide. Floor plans inside are basically all the same...the old house uses all dark colors inside with chrome faucets etc. The new house uses light colors with brushed aluminum etc. I really like the chandelier inside the new one better and since most of the furniture (leather sofa's, tables, etc. inside the house are already dark everything was staring to look too dark in the old house. I think I like this combo better.
Picture of the main chandelier (theres a matching one above the dining table...obviously much smaller in size!)...house still needs a good cleaning the advertisement for the window place is still on that top window along with some painting tape on top of that crown moulding! :eek:

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMAO this thread is defenetly off topic my bad :eek:

Just messin me ya! :p Nice house! Perhaps some garage floor coating will clean up the appearance of your garage. Or, if your really want to go all out, get Vinyl Composition tile...

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys... :2tu:

Edward 96GTS the building along including landscaping cost about $310k to build...its 5065 sq feet...$61.20 sq ft...(I hired all the trades people to do the work and looked over the whole process myself instead of hiring someone to hire all the various trade workers.)

TCKTPLZ I love the flooring you have! Looks awesome. Defenetly get that done soon.

Phil I'm actually in Surrey not Vancouver.

Ricky :cool:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you counting the basement in the 5065 sq ft?

Wow! I built mine in 1997 for about $140 per sq ft (3700 sq ft not including a full walkout lower level).

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bottom floor including the garage is counted in the 5065...the very bottom floor is unfinished (no carpeting or anything) Its basically 2 floors that are tottally finished. I guess I should have taken that into account but tottally forgot! Also that is Canadian dollars...My dad knows people that have been doing this for many years so they helped me get the best prices contractors etc. Basically my approach was get all the supplies etc. myself and pay for the labor only! Worked really well.

Anyways basement floor which is unfinished but does have the rough-ins for washroom, kitchen, etc. and is 1890 and approx 400 sq feet for the garage.
5065-1890-400= 2775 sq feet finished therefore $111.72 a sq foot to build! Thats Canadian dollars so converted into american dollars thats $89.22 USD according to todays rate!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> Edward 96GTS the building along including landscaping cost about $310k to build...its 5065 sq feet...$61.20 sq ft..

I am going to be ill. Remind me to eventually move to some place with sane housing prices. I've been looking at stuff in my area (Silicon Valley) - 2800 sq ft 10-year-old houses on 10K sq ft lot... yours for a mere $2,300,000.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> Edward 96GTS the building along including landscaping cost about $310k to build...its 5065 sq feet...$61.20 sq ft..

I am going to be ill. Remind me to eventually move to some place with sane housing prices. I've been looking at stuff in my area (Silicon Valley) - 2800 sq ft 10-year-old houses on 10K sq ft lot... yours for a mere $2,300,000.

The funny thing is housing prices sky rocketed here and now have come down about 15%. I don't see them coming any further down but they defenetly won't be going upto 2.3 million! No wonder everyone drives such expensive cars over there! Down here my Viper people consider me crazy since I could have bought a rancher or something and collected good rent (had the value appreciate as land always does instead of depreciate as cars always do!) I get a crowd of about 5-6 easy everytime I park it anywhere. People pull out their camera's and a lot of "camera phones" while I drive lol! I think I'm known as the "viper guy" in this area now lol

Area's like Vancouver (not far about 30 mins from here) have housing that is much more $$$. But $2.3 Million I think would get you one of the best houses here!

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NICE pics! you guys can see my house and cars if you click my photos :)