Shots Fired (Corvette Vision Gran Turismo Project Announced with New Teaser Image)

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Shots Fired (Corvette Vision Gran Turismo Project Announced with New Teaser Image

I think its a Chapparal if my memory serves and not a Corvette.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Re: Shots Fired (Corvette Vision Gran Turismo Project Announced with New Teaser Image

I think its a Chapparal if my memory serves and not a Corvette.

That's what I was reading as well on other sites. Either way, these Vision GT cars have been some pretty cool glances into the no-holds-barred world of design. I bet it's just as refreshing to the designers themselves to be able to get really creative for fun.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They are also coming out with a Corvette Grands**tavo. It comes only in a metallic brown so that owners feel a bit distingushed from the 30,000 plus new Vettes running around. For the life of me I do not know why people think the new Vette is good looking. It's subjective, but to me, the car is a cacophony of conflicting design elements. The prior design has far more design integrity. To me, the 1967 427 Vette was the best looking Vette ever made. It was an incredible car.

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i think the new corvette is killer car and for the money nothing comes close !!!

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

i think the new corvette is killer car and for the money nothing comes close !!!

It really is, and the more I see them the more the design doesn't bother me as much. It's nice to at least see something more dramatic than the boring cars currently on the road today. Granted I haven't driven a new one, but I still just don't think they have the same kind of feeling that the Viper has. They might have equivalent performance (in some trims at least), but the Viper has always been known to have a very direct analog feel. My mom's 99 Vette is probably similar performance to her 94 Viper, but the Vette just feels a bit disconnected. It's like it's trying to mask things slightly so it's not as harsh and there's just a small degree of separation in the control feeling. The clutch and brakes are just a litlte too soft, the steering is just a bit muted, etc. It's all personal preference though. I'd probably still take a new Vette as a driver car, but it wouldn't replace my Viper.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

I have 5 neighbors with new vettes--driven 4 of them--very nice car--just too damn many of them--Dave

Flying Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have 5 neighbors with new vettes--driven 4 of them--very nice car--just too damn many of them--Dave

There is a reason why 5 of your neighbors are driving Vettes and not Vipers, and I'm sure they could afford either if they wanted.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is a reason why 5 of your neighbors are driving Vettes and not Vipers, and I'm sure they could afford either if they wanted.
Once again, Vipers are for a Niche market, hand built, never designed for mass production while Corvettes are the complete opposite, mass produced, "cookie-cutter" cars that come in manual or auto transmissions so anyone can drive them. This is old news and has been repeated on these sites ad nauseam!

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is a certain type of chips that I like to eat and I go out of my way to buy them over at the whole foods market. I just really enjoy the texture and flavor of those chips. Most people just buy Doritos.

Flying Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Once again, Vipers are for a Niche market, hand built, never designed for mass production while Corvettes are the complete opposite, mass produced, "cookie-cutter" cars that come in manual or auto transmissions so anyone can drive them. This is old news and has been repeated on these sites ad nauseam!

Well this niche market is down to around 350 now. That will make for a great profit.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL Free, I like pringles myself, but we all know Doritos outsell pringles (and vipers) 10 to 1.

As I have said for 20 years, if I have 5 neighbors who have the same car I do, I need a different car. Sales, "facts", and evangelists be damned, sometimes being different (obnoxious, loud, rude, fast, ridiculous) is a good thing.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well this niche market is down to around 350 now. That will make for a great profit.
They sell a lot more than 350 a year. Your statement is just preposterous.

It has been a LONG time since the Viper sold in any "big" numbers, even then it sold less in a year than Corvettes sold in a month.

ViperDC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Huh? Try more than double that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper