Should I Use Anti-Sieze Compound On New Spark Plugs? (NT)

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The champion spark plugs ARE coated from the factory, but if you must, don't use much, just a smidget, like the amount you could put on the end of a pencil...don't get any on your aluminum or stainless...There is really no need, IMO, if you change your plugs every 12,000 to 15,000 miles, like most of us who are anal retentive...and remember you are installing them into an aluminum block, so snug em, and then a quarter turn and that's it...

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always use anti-seize on the threads and dielectric grease on the inside of the boots.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
touch of antiseize is all right, but watch the grease in the boots. Due to the insane cooking temperatures of our V10, the stuff can literally boil in the boot and melt the wire. Had a call from the infamous Chuck Tator on that issue when I posted that I had put some grease on. He had seen firsthand damage. I took his advice and pulled all boots and cleaned them out Q-tip style...........

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snake Bitten:
The champion spark plugs ARE coated from the factory
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno about that, I think mine were coated with superglue. I had to use a 1/2" breaker bar with a jack handle over it to break my original plugs loose and my car only had about 1800 miles at the time!
eek.gif
Each broke free with a "SNAP!" I don't know if they over-torqued them or what. Luckily the plugs didn't seem to take any threads with them.

I haven't had a problem since I put the anti-seize on them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala