Should we be really concerned?

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all the annoucements from the ACR, etc. it would seem that Dodge is pulling ALL the stops out on the 2008 model year, which is great for owners. I can't help but feel that if everything is coming out right now instead of gradually, that there is a last hurray big push and then NOTHING.

Anyone else feeling this way?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, that's some convoluted logic you got going on there. As this car is not being released till 08 this is obviously a Cerebus Decision. And if you know anything about Cerebus if they had decided to cancel Viper later they woud most assuredly not have wasted a single penny on a final hurrah for the Viper and it's fans. ESPECIALLY as it's obvious by now that the 08 run is going to completely sell out without any added push like an ACR. These folks are ALL about making the business case. So the logic is the other way, if they did this it looks like they have decided Viper is gonna be around a while and they better step it up against the Vette from a marketing perspective for the long run.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree totally with Lee. Why spend more money for a "big hurrah" and then cancel everything? It'd be cheaper to just cancel everything without a big hurrah. I doubt Cerebus feels they "owe" us a big hurrah, if they were cancelling the Viper

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am helping Cerebus make educated decisions about my beloved Viper. Its called buying one........

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all the annoucements from the ACR, etc. it would seem that Dodge is pulling ALL the stops out on the 2008 model year, which is great for owners. I can't help but feel that if everything is coming out right now instead of gradually, that there is a last hurray big push and then NOTHING.

Yeah me! I still would like the 675hp Mopar option, just for bragging rights!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i can see how you could think this way. look at the magnum. its turned out to be one heck of a car IMO especially as an SRT8 model, it was announced that it was getting a more aggressive design change for next year, and then last week they announced its demise.

i think its easy to wonder how this car can get any better. :)

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Uhhhhhhhhh, no.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No way. If the wanted to shut down the party, they absolutely did not NEED to do an ACR. They have a new 600HP Viper for 2008 -- that would have been enough for a last hurrah. The ACR coming now supports the idea that they have future plans for the Viper.

... now if we could just get some PR and media behind a factory-supported race team with those ACRs ...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With all the annoucements from the ACR, etc. it would seem that Dodge is pulling ALL the stops out on the 2008 model year, which is great for owners. I can't help but feel that if everything is coming out right now instead of gradually, that there is a last hurray big push and then NOTHING. Anyone else feeling this way?

"JUST BECAUSE YOU MAY BE PARANOID DOES -NOT- MEAN THEY AIN'T OUT TO GET YOU!"

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
History is full of desparate measures. Some of the greatest/grandest inventions etc. come out right at the end of a time period....for example, WWII and all of the weapons that were innovative. In this case, however, I think that there is significant half-life left in the Viper. Going to be around for a little bit. No reason to kill it actually.

It is a reasonable thought to have, however it does not fit the "end is near" fact pattern yet.

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Okay, let's say Lee is right, and the Viper will go on forever, or close to it. Nevertheless, I've had my '08 ordered "forever" (months without a Viper seems like forever), it's been put in J status for a couple of weeks thus far, and yet I'm still waiting without a Viper, frustrated as H*** and can't find out a blessed thing about when I will EVER get a car to drive. This must be what the Avanti prospects felt like Waaayyy back in 1962 when those cars were delayed by contractors who fell on their swords. I just wish Dodge would hurry up and start SHIPPING the cars to the dealers so people-type homosapiens could actually drive them.
Whew! Am I getting stressed out over this months-long wait!?! "It'll be worth the wait", I'm told--over and over again. But that doesn't put me in the driver's seat, does it? My car was totalled because of an idiot who put a 30lb piece of sheet metal on the overpass for a preceding truck to run over and send it flying at my windshield, so here I wait impatiently to spend big bucks on a car that seems like it will never arrive. Can't SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING to get the finished cars shipped?! (Pardon the rant; I'm just frustrated from the top of my old head bone to the tip of my ancient toes.) Anyway, God bless you every one.....I guess it'll finally get to the dealer one day or another.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To put all your worries to rest, here it is ...

The 2009 Super (Red Baron) ACR:

urlget.jpg

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not me. I haven't been this excited about a Viper since I bought my first one nearly 10 years ago. And something tells me it's just gonna keep getting better.

Me too Chuck - you think Bill P will take my GT-1 racecar as a trade-in? Wanna go halves? I may be in another ACR in the future. Gotta find a way...