Show us your garage!

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sometimes less is more :) I have seen some small garage jewels

Okay, can't take it, so I just ordered a red banner with black Viper RT/10 along with three Viper prints I'm going to frame. Still cleaning, throwing out junk and painting the walls white (for now). Trying to figure out how to work in red & black without overpowering the garage. I will never have the space to make garage as nice as many shown on here, but I'm trying.

Once I make some headway, I will post some pictures.

:D

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to do my best, but who knows how it will come out. Regardless, has to be much better than what it was!:D

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting pushback from my wife because we are building an addition. But, that said, I did buy most of what I need to keep the project moving.

Will start posting pictures soon.

Happy Easter!:D

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is my contribution....

You must be registered for see images attach

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
then:
my old place in MI, who else can launch their car in their garage? :D
You must be registered for see images

Nick

Well...I guess I can. Add me to the "Neighbors Think You're Crazy" list! :drive:

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[media]http://gallery.viperclub.org/uploads/37376/IMG_20632.jpg[/media]

Nothing special, but I just installed my lift this weekend. I now have the space to fill :drive:

I was able to adjust the opener to stop just short of crushing the TR's top. Still opens almost 6' (9' tall door)

Anyway, that's it. Don't expect it to get much fancier. Perhaps drywall once I get rid of my scrap collection. :rolaugh:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Runin....nice, clean & neat....like the gray bottom of the walls with red stripe to separate from white top! Something like that for my garage, just not as nice, clean or neat!!!:(

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cleaned up alot this weekend making room for another two cars but it's still the dirtiest and most unorganized it's ever been. Sorry about the poor pictures I'm worn out.

I wish it still looked like this:(

picture.php

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
black moon great garage and I like the viper logo on the floor. BTW is that a provocative picture of a lady in the upper left corner???

I cleaned up alot this weekend making room for another two cars but it's still the dirtiest and most unorganized it's ever been. Sorry about the poor pictures I'm worn out.

I wish it still looked like this:(

picture.php

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Going to show this thread to my friend.Going to tear down his 3 car garage to make room for 6 and install a lift .
He's got a nice collection of cars that need a nice garage;)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUlmmAl6VtE[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJOpnBPn2qA[/media]

Countach engine. Smooth tubes are overrated,lol.

Last edited:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sal, it looks a hell of let better than the last time I saw it! At least you can fit a car in the separate garage area and walk through the shop area! :)

What's up with the newer Vette?

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the compliments. A lot of cleaning and organizing left to do. Any volunteers?

I can hang pics like that because I'm single:)

The Vette is a customers. I've got a new grand sport being delivered today which is his also. My old 63 is enough Vettes for me. Next hot car will be a CTS-V, someday.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a 63 with a 67 hood and sidepipes . I kept popping the original motor so I had a 385 stroker built and put a 5 speed and 373 gears in it. The car is a ton of fun and gets 100 times more attention than the Viper for some reason. I need to put the grill back in it and the side windows and top too. I may get stuck in the rain some day:)

BM , is that a 63 Fulie Vette with the black stinger? Love those years:2tu:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so here is where I am so far with the two walls in the front of the garage. Understand, this garage was a wreck when I bought the house, greasy/dirty old wood 1'x12' shelves, old crap they left (paint, plaster, junk), walls hadn't been painted in upteen years and so on.

Right now, basic white paint on walls and new adjustable white wire shelves and drawers to organize and neaten up.

Sorta before, left front, after I took down the shelves:

Current, left front:

Same deal, other side (front of Viper):

New refigerator adds to the "ambiance" :D

Plans:

- finish white paint (3 coated needed to cover the old crap)
- Paint door frame red and paint door white...have 6" VCA sticker for center of door
- Hopefully, paint red stripe around garage about 3' above floor (like some of the other garages on this thread).
- Have 3 RT/10 posters coming in the mail - 16" x 20" for the wall next to the RT
- Have large red vinyl banner with "Viper RT/10" on it in black lettering with black Sneaky Pete
- Want to change 2 bulb florescents to 4 bulb and put small track light over banner

Now, just have to do all this stuff.

For the floor, tried paint but it peeled. May try polyurethene (sp?) commercial floor paint or considering putting down black and white 12x12 commercial linoleum tiles. But, that means I have to sand off the old peeling paint first...that's a pain.

At this point, though, it is much nicer going into and being in the garage now.

More to come as my RT cave evolves.

Last edited:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I'd love more but by the time you get them framed they are pretty expensive. I had to buy that particular one. It was worth it. I love that style of old car/ girly art.

actually, framing pics isnt all that expensive if you know how to do it. i love to take pics of my cars, the family, whatever, and the good pics make the walls in my garage. the trick is to take advantage of the print specials at Walgreens and finding inexpensive frames at Menards and the Dollar Store. recently Menards had a picture frame rebate, and the rebate made the frames FREE! after alot of tweeking, i finally got my tv wall finished the other day. here is a pic.

IMG_7974b.JPG

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks great. Love the hats. I've got about 50 I want to hang but probably not in the garage. I get alot of dust in mine because the doors are always open and I use a leaf blower to blow out the dust leaves and occasional spider webs.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so here is where I am so far with the two walls in the front of the garage. Understand, this garage was a wreck when I bought the house, greasy/dirty old wood 1'x12' shelves, old crap they left (paint, plaster, junk), walls hadn't been painted in upteen years and so on.

Right now, basic white paint on walls and new adjustable white wire shelves and drawers to organize and neaten up.

Sorta before, left front, after I took down the shelves:

Current, left front:

Same deal, other side (front of Viper):

New refigerator adds to the "ambiance" :D

Plans:

- finish white paint (3 coated needed to cover the old crap)
- Paint door frame red and paint door white...have 6" VCA sticker for center of door
- Hopefully, paint red stripe around garage about 3' above floor (like some of the other garages on this thread).
- Have 3 RT/10 posters coming in the mail - 16" x 20" for the wall next to the RT
- Have large red vinyl banner with "Viper RT/10" on it in black lettering with black Sneaky Pete
- Want to change 2 bulb florescents to 4 bulb and put small track light over banner

Now, just have to do all this stuff.

For the floor, tried paint but it peeled. May try polyurethene (sp?) commercial floor paint or considering putting down black and white 12x12 commercial linoleum tiles. But, that means I have to sand off the old peeling paint first...that's a pain.

At this point, though, it is much nicer going into and being in the garage now.

More to come as my RT cave evolves.

Rent a floor grinder from Home Depot. It will do a great job on removing the paint. Then acid wash with diluted muratic acid before putting down epoxy. Don't use Lowes or HD's epoxy. Go to PPG? Pittsbugh Paint and buy 'Aquapon' floor paint. $90 will get you a gallon of paint and a gallon of activator and will cover 3-400 s.f. If you want it indistructable put their clear over it. I let brake cleaner, brake fluid, gas, whatever drop on mine and sometimes forget to wipe it up. Looks as good as the day I put it down, except for the fact that its dirty right now. I even use my pressure washer to clean it out after the winter. Very strong paint.

Keep us posted.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BM...will the grinder help with the concrete dust, as the garage floor is old (like the house) and seems the paint has a tough time adhering to it. the PPG paint sounds great! You think its better than putting down 18x18 commercial tiles?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather