Side by side SRT coupe & ZO6... (pic)

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper wins hands down. To the average person, the Vette will blend in with every other C6 on the street.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realized this weekend, looking a my buddy’s silver SRT10, pictures just don’t do the Viper justice. It looks great in photos, but in person it’s aw inspiring. Put up some photos of the Viper and Vette side by side angles to see the size comparison. The Viper is like Arnold Schwarzenegger and the Vette is like Bruce lee.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean......the Viper looks like a .......Viper and the Vet..........looks like a Vet.

The computer and the wind tunnel did the side profile and angles.

My 10c in the UK both would make people walk over to talk to the driver, but in the US the VET is mass produced and i know what you mean, after all BMW sell you all the parts to make your 2.0 3 series look like a M3

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Vette will spank that Viper all over a road course track, and that is a sad thing considering cost.

I think the Vette looks better (more aggressive -- I agree), but I also agree that a Vette is a Vette and a Viper is a Viper, so that being said people will be more awed by the Viper. That and the fact that there will be 10X as many vettes on the street as the Viper.

I am disappointed with the new coupe, as it is no longer 'leaps and bounds' beyond the corvette in the looks department and it is now 2nd in terms of overall performance (based on specs.) I think the SRT10 with the appropriate body kit pieces and the hard top looks better than the coupe which most agree looks like a SRT10 with some Gen2 GTS body parts thrown on it.

-Manny

Shakin Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's extremely embarrassing how bad the Viper is getting it's **** handed to it by the Vette.

Now we all know how the Vette guys have felt for the last 12 years.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's extremely embarrassing how bad the Viper is getting it's **** handed to it by the Vette.
Now we all know how the Vette guys have felt for the last 12 years.

Neither car has been built OR competed in anything. Everybodys **** is still in place.
And I think somebody has used a wide angle lens or photochop to make the Vette look longer and lower, while the Viper pic is "stock." We have all those pics many times.
Couple little things caught my eye, windshield frame, notice how the blue color flows throught the pillar while the Vette is black...That's because it's a modified t-top body. They did the same thing in 63 to make a coupe out of a convertible then smoothed it out in 64. Side marker lights, the SRT guys managed to lose the one in the front, the Vette guys could not do that on a brand new design with all new lighting system? Back side marker... could they have put it any higher or uglier? Gas cap, door handle on the Vette, ugly, even the vette guys are modding that already on the C-6. Nice competition gas cap and hidden door handle on the Viper. Nit picks, but but to me the Viper is a much better styled car. The Vette looks designed by a group of guys who each pasted a part on. Having said that, kudos to them for building the best Vette yet.

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Viper looks nicer. I saw them both at this yyears LA auto show. But I will probably end up buying the Z, as I need it for a daily driver - and it will be friendlier car to take to the roadcourse.

Wish I could have both though- someday.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Z06 was just released while the SRT was released in 2003. Chevy had 2 1/2 years to respond to the Viper. Have some patience and enjoy what you have.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dark colors usually make a car look better...Try putting the SRT Coupe next to a black or dark blue Z06...You have to see the Z up close to understand how aggressively wide and curvy the car is...It wont be an easy win for the Viper Coupe unless you bleed venom... :smirk:

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on ......................VIPER HANDS down and i'm not just saying that because I own one.

I see vettes everyday and I think I'm the only Viper within a 50 mile radius.

Cheers

Wifey's Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Canada you may be the only person in a 50 mile radius as far as I know. I am kidding, sort of. I lived in Toronto for a while for work.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how many Vette owners Rent space for advertisement on the back of their cars?

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sad truth is that we have mixed views on which is better. This was never the case with the Gen2 -- 10 out of 10 people liked the viper best. Hell, even the vette guys liked the Gen2 viper more and it was always a STEP UP to the Viper.

Now, the new Z06 just kills the Viper in terms of technology. It's designed to run hard, and it's cheaper. The Viper coupe is going UP in price (what is DC thnking?) I am guessing that the Z06 will be a much better daily driver with all the creature comforts previous Z06's have had that our vipers do not have. This wasn't a big deal before because our cars looked so much better. But now, that gap has closed and all these little things should matter.

Unless there is a big change or I am absolutely floored when I see one in person, I won't get a coupe. I am seriously considering getting the Z06 once the order frenzy is done and they stop selling them over sticker as will most likely happen.

-M

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In about a month you will be able to get a good look at the back of many Z06s while driving.

Only when I need to stop for gas! Trust me, I live in the Motor City and C6 Z06's have been around here for a while (company cars and mules). A few have tried to keep up with me and then just folded when I opened it up. Just wish I would happen along that blue one. That would be fun.

Ghetto2315

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front end: Viper (Dead ****)
The rear end: Vette (Something about the exhaust tips)

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
The sad truth is that we have mixed views on which is better. This was never the case with the Gen2 -- 10 out of 10 people liked the viper best. Hell, even the vette guys liked the Gen2 viper more and it was always a STEP UP to the Viper.

Now, the new Z06 just kills the Viper in terms of technology. It's designed to run hard, and it's cheaper. The Viper coupe is going UP in price (what is DC thnking?) I am guessing that the Z06 will be a much better daily driver with all the creature comforts previous Z06's have had that our vipers do not have. This wasn't a big deal before because our cars looked so much better. But now, that gap has closed and all these little things should matter.

Unless there is a big change or I am absolutely floored when I see one in person, I won't get a coupe. I am seriously considering getting the Z06 once the order frenzy is done and they stop selling them over sticker as will most likely happen.

-M

superbar,
Well said. I will be getting an '07 Z06 or a GT500 as my next daily driver as I believe they are both better performance values than the SRT Coupe and I think both are more aggressive looking. My GenII will remain my #1 car for weekend grins. I cannot imagine not having my GTS in the garage to just go out and look at whenever I want. It still blows me away.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a very unique opportunity this past weekend at Viperdays. My black SRT was parked next to the black SRT coupe which was parked next to a red GTS and a guy with a red C06. I got to see all in a line all four cars together. Unfortunately I did not have my camera this weekend but a picture would not have captured it anyway. The GTS looked much better than the coupe. The coupe looked too much like the Vette, but I liked the coupe better than the Vette. The lines in the SRT look better on the convertible. If I was going for a coupe I would go for the GTS. The love the SRT convertible but the lines lose some aggressiveness in the coupe configuration.

Some spec info on the coupe, the coupe was a pre-production car, they plan on building 2,500 the first year, the chassis is 30% stiffer and the back flip up has 39% more down pressure than the SRT vert. It cost 6 million to develop. The HP rating will be 510.

Additionally, there was a GT40 there and Skip Thomas got to drive it. “it was a dog” he said and it could not keep up with the Vipers at all. I blew by it like it was standing still and Skip is no slouch of a driver.

There will be no spanking of Vipers by Vettes, GT40’s or anything else, those of you who track your Vipers know this and those of you who just read the magazines have no clue.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I track my Viper every month, and the 'specs' for the new Vette look like a Viper killer to me. It's got the same power for all intents and purposes, is lighter, has a dry sump system and is going to be just downright nasty. The braking on the SRT10 is phenomenal, so props go there, and I assume the coupe has the exact same brake setup. I would have to go back to look at the Z06 brakes, but if I remember reading posts, people were ranting about it, so who knows how the braking will be. I look forward to test driving a Z06 at the track real soon to see just how good it is. Granted, I haven't tracked my SRT10 since I have a dedicated GTS that I track with.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang