Side by side SRT coupe & ZO6... (pic)

OP
OP
D

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ZO6 price is not the only thing getting higher...
0-60MPH, was 3.7(est)TEST , now it's 3.9, 1/4 mile was in the low 11s, now it's 11.9( TEST )
SRT COUPE 0-60MPH TIME 3.9 TEST :laugh:

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ZO6 price is not the only thing getting higher...
0-60MPH, was 3.7(est)TEST , now it's 3.9, 1/4 mile was in the low 11s, now it's 11.9( TEST )
SRT COUPE 0-60MPH TIME 3.9 TEST :laugh:

if your right about the 1/4 in the 11.9 then the viper beat it because the viper is 11.8 and the 0-60 they would tie

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People got 11.9x in the previous generation Z06 (Ranger was one of them on CF). If you think 100 more HP and fatter meat is going to yield the same times you are dreaming.

I can pull up several tests where the SRT 10 is in the 12's due to tracks etc.

OP
OP
D

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

"if your right about the 1/4 in the 11.9 then the viper beat it because the viper is 11.8 and the 0-60 they would tie"

Not my claim, I posted the source. :cool:

Quote:

"I can pull up several tests where the SRT 10 is in the 12's due to tracks etc."

Simple, Why not pull up test(not est) showing the z06 clearing the 1/4 in the low 11s and 0-60 in 3.7, as claimed before, and post it. :cool:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad it has to be so close that it it can be argued in either direction.

Not like the good old days when there was no arguing about who was on top.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

"if your right about the 1/4 in the 11.9 then the viper beat it because the viper is 11.8 and the 0-60 they would tie"

Not my claim, I posted the source. :cool:

Quote:

"I can pull up several tests where the SRT 10 is in the 12's due to tracks etc."

Simple, Why not pull up test(not est) showing the z06 clearing the 1/4 in the low 11s and 0-60 in 3.7, as claimed before, and post it. :cool:
Motor Trend stats 11.5 for the Z06. It could run 14's along w/ the Coupe for all we know. Neither car is out and both are speculation at best.

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So a 300lb lighter car with the same HP and better aerodynamics is not going to be faster than an SRT coupe?

What about the published 7:42.99 at the ring? What was the SRT time there?

Today the top speed was said to be 198MPH for the new Z.

The new Z is going to kill the Viper around a racetrack.

If I am wrong ttt this thread when they do the comparos and I will apologize.

DC needs to inject teh Viper program with a boost - NOT JUST HP either. Look at how far ahead the MB are compared to BMW. They are stuffing Twin Turbo 12 cylinder engines into 5 diiferent models that best BMW's V10 by more than 105 HP. And AMG just got the green light to create even more radical engines.

The GTS was so much better than a vette it wasn't even funny. This is not the case now.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 7:42 time was the BLUEDEVIL not the Z06. even CORVETTE magizane said it was the bluedevil.

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The numbers are soooo close, simply put, it will boil down to the drivers experience.....IMO
(and taste) :2tu: :2tu: :usa:

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The numbers are soooo close, simply put, it will boil down to the drivers experience.....IMO
(and taste) :2tu: :2tu: :usa:

A 505hp, 3100lb car and better aerodynamics vs a 510hp (Thanks for the HP boost DC :rolleyes: ) 3400lbs car

Personally I don't think it will be as close as you think. I'm not saying the Z06 will SMOKE the coupe but it won't be within a car length/ .1 of each other.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats not what road and track, and motortrend, and corvette magizanes says. BTW where did you here it was the ZO6 time?

OP
OP
D

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------
I wonder how many Vette owners Rent space for advertisement on the back of their cars?
In about a month you will be able to get a good look at the back of many Z06s while driving.
I'm waiting!!!!

Thank God for the Zoom lens on my rear view camera, if not for it,after passing a ZO6 all I would be able to see is a small dot in the rear view mirror :cool:
You must be registered for see images

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well road and track and motortrend said it was the bluedevil . let me read you the road and track article because i have it. the title is KING KONG corrvette. if the dodge SRT boys werent already nervous about the new 505-bhp ZO6 spanking their viper, they'll be positively shaking after they hear chevy has been testing a supercharged version of america's favorite sports car. how do we know? anyone heard it hammering around nurburgring said the sound could only come from a supercharger. if the car sees production in 2006, figure 600bhp and a $100,000 price tag.

thats word for word of septembers road and track

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sween

There has been much confusion on this. Basically people saw a Blue car at the ring and "heard" a whine as the car was testing and they assumed this was the rumored Blue Devil. It has since been confirmed by many publications as well as Chief Corvette Engineer Dave Hill that it was a Z06.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?p=939436#post939436

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1138938&forum_id=100

Also in Sept 2005 Motor trend there is a 2 page article on the Z06's time at the ring. The Viper GTS time is at 8:10. Ouch.

Also todays rumor about the 2008 Z From a reliable source.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41625

Supercharged 600HP in two years. Dodge better hit that drawing board ASAP.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you may be right but do you notice one thing? there all corvette sites, so of course there going to say that there zo6 is the fastest

Wifey's Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still want to discuss that reliable information you received? Hirohawa's post sounds a lot like my first post.

Dave Hill & Harlan Charles vs. unnamed group of "bystanders". You should write for the Enquirer.

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about Motor Trend?

Sorry but this is official. Dave Hill (Head of the C6 Program) would not lie about the Z06's time anymore than he would about it's horsepower.

The old C5 Z06 ran the ring at 7:56, so this should be expected.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ring time was for a Z06, it just happened to be blue. Corvette magazine never said the car at the ring was a Blue Devil.

Wifey, maybe you oughta get your own Viper, it might make you more enthusiatic about our brand and less anxious to believe what the more misbegotten fools on the Corvette Forums are choosing to believe. And to their credit they were talking that up after the Motor Trend piece and before Road and Track, Autoweek and Corvette magazine came out with the full story. Anyone reading the Motor Trend article would have been convinced it was the blue devil. And the Dave Hill attribution is interesting but completely unconfirmed. And even if it was confirmed that he said that I would not believe him, not after taking the winning Lemans driver and team and tire testing for two weeks, yeah it was on stock tires, sure just like it was a stock Z.

Heres the quote from Corvette Magazine that you seemingly don't want to recognize.......

quote....." A spy shooter has put Chevy's continuing denials of a super vette in doubt. Photog Bernd Rauh recently captured this machine undergoing testing at the Ring with Jan Magnussen at the wheel. Code named Blue Devil, it is rumored o have extensive carbon-fiber bodywork to lower the weight under 3000 lbs and 600 or more horses from a blown LS7 spinoff. The test car just looked like a blue Z06, BUT THE LAP TIMES TOLD A DIFFERENT STORY. If the program were to see production, a low six figure MSRP would seem likely."

And here's the thread that you must have missed that thrashed this all out.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=570592&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Wifey's Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again this has nothing to do with brand loyalty! I bought the damn Viper!

October's Motor Trend will have a piece on the testing of the Z06. We can discuss this in a few weeks when it hits the stands.

After all the crap that has been printed in R&T & Motortrend, no I don't always believe them. I do think Dave Hill has no reason to lie about what car ran the Ring when those times will have to backed up when the production car is available. It would like the Viper team lying about the coupe's 0-60 time knowing full well someone else will test the car outside of Chrysler.

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the Cover of the most current Motor Trend Sept. 2005

On the top of the cover "Z06 Hot Laps the Ring" - followed inside by a two page spread with quotes from Jan Magnuson, and details on how GM prepped the car and the track.

And the Corvette program doesn't do the "wink wink" thing when giving details about the car. The 500H+hp 427 was delivered as well as the light weight. The times and performance are real. They are not snowing the Corvette world with promises of performance gains that never come.

The claims of the blue car being the Blue Devil are 1-2 months old.

Also GM just revealed the top speed on the new Z is 198mph!

Deny all you want the Z has stepped up big time - in topping it's old version as well as being a direct competitor to the Viper at about 15K less.