Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was pulling out of a bank drive through lane and like an
idiot turned the wheel too fast. I hit the side sill on the
curb at the bottom of the side sill.

If you go from the back of the car, it appears that at the
bottom of the side sill there is a 2 inch push in that runs
40% of the way up the side sill.

It's not that noticeable because it's at the bottom but I know it is there which at the end of the day is all that matters.

Since they are aluminum can they be encouraged to return to their normal shape? Someone else has to have experience with this. The damage is limited to the side sill. The door, that weird piece and hood are unscathed. I assume the exhaust is OK but until I take it off I won't know for sure. Given how slow I was going I would be surprised.

I know that the side sill is a $3100 part. If I could fix it I would like to avoid having to explain the carfax entry and making a claim. If it has to be replaced, I will make a claim.
Yes, I feel like an idiot right now for not paying attention.

Jim Sullivan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did the same exact thing a few weeks ago, even did it at a banks drive thru window. Some body shops I talked to wanted to use filler.I finally found a guy that reworked the aluminum and it came out PERFECT. And he was the cheapest price. Moral: Not all body shops are created equal.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think of it this way, at least you didn't run yours off the road and up a hill sideways, tearing off the side sill like I did a couple of weeks ago.
laugh.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc