Sidesill heatshield glue?

Andy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my sidesill heatshields is loose. It looks like it was originally epoxied in. I'd like to glue it back to keep it from rattling around. Does anyone know what kind of expoxy would be good for this? Would my old favorite, JB Weld work there? Does it get hot on the backside of the heatshield?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine do not have any signs of glue. They were replaced years ago due to the corrosion issue. The replacements have the insulation kind of wedged in place. No way it could rattle. I have not had catalysts behind them so never seen high temps.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've previously read about the high temp silicone working butit should also wedge in there and not move much, I'd search the internet for silicone companies we commonly see at auto parts stores and find their best because it might not be in stock at the store.

OP
OP
A

Andy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I guess I'll just wedge it in there. I don't think it could make much of a noise anyway, since it seems pretty soft.

DMC94

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I contacted 3M for their recommendation. I told them it was going to require sticking in a high-heat area such as the Viper sidesill insulation. Their recommendation - 3M model 08115 panel bond adhesive. It's a two part adhesive that requires a mixing gun to shoot (part# 08571P) for a total investment of approx $75+

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte