Sills discolored

chex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The white car has dicoloration (heat) on the sills. What are the best ways to rectify the problem?

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, a repaint is very easy and you can have them done off the car. While the sills are off, replace the cats with high-flow units so it doesn't happen again.

Mike

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine are turning green since my car is Sapphire but only way to fix is to repaint and again put in High Flow cats but not sure if this solves the problem. Probably temporarily.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep, had mine re-sprayed after fading under warranty, its a known fault. I've also had a new set of wheels and a gas cap after the laquar lifted and a replacement set of hood springs, though I did miss out on a cracked centre console by a couple of months (the dealership would of changed it) but my 3 year warranty had expired

guess warranty actually works here at least :)

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am having my sills repainted now and I was wondering where I can get the clear protective tape that goes on the front and the turnout area to help with rock chips. I didn't mean to steal this thread. Thank you.

Doc

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put on High flow cats and repainted. The body shop I used got the protestive tape from Dodge.

So far It's holding but I haven't started track the car again yet.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Doc, If I'm not mistaken, I think Chuck "The Wizard" Tator, just made mention of the clear tape being a rather costly item from Dodge. Contact Chuck for the exact cost but expect more than normal "viper tax" on this.

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Gerald for the info. I will contact him first of the week. Is this a "dealer only" item? Does anyone know?

Doc :crazy:

wow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck T helped me out. Dodge replaced the sills for free under warranty. even had them painted as well. Check with Chuck

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad