So Autoform is making their top without the side cut-out...

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And this is how well it will look on an SRT. :cool:

5580hardtop_-_wheels-_lowered.jpg

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice improvement, now the leading edge at the windshield needs to fit clean like the convertable top.

Ricky: Thanks!

SRTLEN: I agree that it should fit a little more cleanly, but IMO, its still the best looking hardtop out. Removing the cut-outs really makes an improvement.

Fishtail: Do the current side cut-outs allow you to see through? I didnt think they did, as they just look molded in and painted.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The current "side cut outs" are just a moulded look and painted black. Therefore you can not see through them and the "blind spot" will be unchanged. That's what those big ASP mirrors are for. As Skip Thomas says "quarter panels don't move" so who cares if you see them in the mirror, turn the mirror out and the blind spot almost disappears. As an owner of an Autoform top for 2.5 years, I don't think anything can be done to improve the front lip of the top. The reason being you can only make a hard edge on an FRP part so thin before it become very brittle and easily damaged. Image setting the top down on the ground a little to hard and the front edge breaks off. I think the owner would be extremely PO'd and then blame Autoform for making a part that is too fragile. The top as it is is an excellent part and serves the purpose very very well and is reasonably priced. If they are willing to make another mould so you guys can have a top without the "cutout" side you should be very happy. This shows how customer friendly Autoform is and how much they listen to their customers and would be customers. In this day and age we all have to kill our custoemrs with service, and Autoform does that. If they build it we will buy it.

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Quote:
"I don't think anything can be done to improve the front lip at the top"
"The top as it is is an excellent part and serves the purpose very very well and is reasonably price.

I agree the current Autoform top does serve it's purpose well. It's a good piece and would not be practical or cost effective to change the front lip.
My hope is that some one will produce a top that fits as mentioned. I am aware that the cost will most likely be higher but I believe there are others like myself that are waiting and will pay for the product.

Len

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I have one of the older versions with the black molded area and wondered if they would ever make one without it too. I like it "as is" but this newer style is cool too. Everything that SCLSSRT10 says is true. This is a good product and Autoform is good to work with. I have their vented hood and roll bar too.

I initially thought I would like the front of the top "cleaner" for looks, but I think the way it's designed is probably a bit stronger in a roll over and I bought the top to race the car with. I can tell you that I cruised the car at 160 mph for about 50 miles during the Silver State Classic this year without any issues, so the top will stay on and is quiet even at that speed, as currently designed.

My only wish is for a little bit more headroom .....

Dan

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with the Very Welcoming folks at Autoform directly and they WILL make the top with the cutouts filled in for an extra minimal cost. The top is molded with the sport windows already removed. These guys are The Top of the Game when it comes to aftermarket components for the Viper and I've seen Steve Loudin's Silver SRT-10 in person. That car is a force to be reckoned with!!! Autoform is to Viper parts what the Viper faithful are to Vipers! They go hand in hand with the car and complement it quite well!

Jay K.

ps. PM Steve Loudin for pics of his car. If those don't blow you away... You're just simpley Dead!

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just ordered one last week (old style---I like the little side scallop window thingees, especially on a black viper) as well as one of their rollbars and Tony is as professional and friendly as they come.

I can't wait to get them, but no complaints so far---Tony went way out of his way to help me.

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone seen pictures of an autoform hard top on a white viper---also what kind of black wheels has anyone seen-Ben

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone seen pictures of an autoform hard top on a white viper---also what kind of black wheels has anyone seen-Ben

I've seen this top on a white Mamba and it looks good, but the side cut-outs looked kinda of goofy.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,

Redesign your web page so that access to the webpage of where people can buy your SRT 10 Top can be found. The only top that immediately is found on the web page is for the Gen II RT-10 cars.

Cheers,

Jay K.

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Their page has some weird bug where you have to click on a different bodypart first then click hardtop from there to get to see the Gen III.

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you guys for telling me, I just noticed that. We had to reload our site a little while ago, and I guess the web guy forgot that. I will have him get right on that one. Thanks again.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,

Tell the web developer to make two subcategories for the two different Generations. Its a mixed basket whenever you select the hardtop button to view the hardtops and you don't know whether you're going to get the Gen I or Gen III hardtops.

Jay K.

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have fixed the problem of the SRT-10 hardtop online, it is in the right place now. JGK95, we are looking at redesigning the whole site, stay tuned.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96