So long for now..

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jasone , here's a short clip I took when we went to the Italian Cars show . The Challenge Stradale sounded great .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hiVPnza-gI

Love my friend's Lambo Countach's rev the best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llXp7nsiJ1s
His Diablo sound has less of a bite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJOpnBPn2qA

Keep your Ferrari as a DD ,and get a few Vipers for weekends ,hehe.

My b\uddy has a 95 Hennessey Venom and a silver/black stripe 99 GTS also .His Pantera project is on the back burner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUlmmAl6VtE

Last edited:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If comparing exhaut notes, the best sounding factory exhaust I have EVER heard is a Spyker C8. Absolutley music. I have it on my computer from a Denver C&C and Wow!

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
congrats....I recently sold my 09 ACR for this....Not quite as fast as the Viper but much more comfortable to drive on the weekends....and the sound is intoxicating....
You must be registered for see images attach

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
And for anyone that thinks these aren't 'driver' cars.. take a look at this.

All I saw were some awesome sounding, very expensive cars with a ton of electronic driving aids. Was there a Viper parked in the background or something I missed.?

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your F430 Jasone. My neighbor down the street has one just like it. I have sat in it and it is really wild. The coupe of the F430 looks exponentially better than the convertible IMHO. We were just about to give each other rides when his wife came outside and asked him if he was going to vacuum.:lmao2:The joke was really on the wife though because within 2 years, he bought 2 older model Ferraris.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beautiful F430 Jasone. If you just HAD to get rid of the Viper, i must admit, it's a durn good choice for a replacment. Enjoy it to the max!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
congrats....I recently sold my 09 ACR for this....Not quite as fast as the Viper but much more comfortable to drive on the weekends....and the sound is intoxicating....

Gorgeous Scud! As I mentioned above, I've driven with (behind!) one of these bad boys on one of our spirited drives that my local C&C does. My Gen III (03) is no slouch, but this cars is just warp-speed quick. And you are correct about the sound, to rival Mozart and Bach!

OP
OP
J

Jasone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I put about 500 miles on the car this weekend and all I can say is WOW!.. just amazing. Much like Mr. Chuck, I've always been dead-set against nannies but I'm now firmly in the other camp. The F1 tansmission in this car is awesome and totally unexpected.. it drives just like there is a clutch petal on the floor and some little Itallian guy is working it for you. If you stop on a hill in 1st gear and let off the brake, the car rolls backwards, press on the gas a little and the clutch engages just like it would if you had your foot on the clutch pedal. The rev matching for downshifts is better than I have ever managed to accomplish with the heal-toe required for my Viper. Changing from "sport", to "race" to "no CST" is a world of difference.. in race mode I have complete control of the car.. I can fishtail around corners and do doughnuts in parking lots but if I start to slide around a corner at high speed.. the car keeps things in check. In "no CST" mode.. its just like the Viper.. free to kill yourself in any situation.

The specs on the car say it is not quite as fast as the Viper but I sure can't tell.. this thing is crazy fast.

I'm still not used to driving with the high RPMs... I could cruise at 100MPH, 6th gear in the Viper at about 2400 RPM.. the 430 is more like 4000. Shifting at 8,500 RPM still feels like the engine is about to blow up but the music the engine puts out is indeed intoxicating...

I'll keep you up to date on my impressions as time goes on but so far .. WOW.. just f'ing WOW.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
first time i got a ride in a murci, the guy stomped on it from about 25mph, shifted from 1-4th and it never lost any rpms...completely changed my mind on that paddle shifting stuff. very impressive. they really work well in street racing allegedly. every time a 6speed car shifts, it loses a half car length or more.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll drive my "Dump Truck"... Can't afford the F430...
I'm with you buddy.

My Viper was parked right outside the large glass doors of the Ferrari dealer, there was 1 of every new Ferrari sitting there and yet a small crowd of people gathered around the Viper.
Nuff said.

F

FrgMstr

it drives just like there is a clutch petal on the floor and some little Itallian guy is working it for you. If you stop on a hill in 1st gear and let off the brake, the car rolls backwards, press on the gas a little and the clutch engages just like it would if you had your foot on the clutch pedal. The rev matching for downshifts is better than I have ever managed to accomplish with the heal-toe required for my Viper. - if I start to slide around a corner at high speed.. the car keeps things in check.

The specs on the car say it is not quite as fast as the Viper but I sure can't tell..

I'll keep you up to date on my impressions as time goes on but so far ..

You get +10 points for not being ashamed of having the car do all those things you could not do for yourself in the Viper. ;) Those hills and heal/toe thing get really tough and we all know that it is hard to do that stuff for yourself.

And you really should be posting your updates in the Driven forum, this does not belong in the SRT-10 Forum. Thanks.

Matt162

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It seems %50 of the people in this thread have an attitude about your recent car decisions. Once again I must say I am extremely Jealous!

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I am out of garage space. So i am expanding my 2 x 2 car garages to 2 x 4 car garages. Soon to have a gallardo and 430 or 360 not sure yet.

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if this forum is not turning out to be a Ford & Ferrari lovefest...:dunno:

I don't think that's the case at all.....It's just most people on this forum appreciate sports cars, no matter the make or model.....it's actually quite refreshing and much more pleasant than a not to be named forum where if it's not a Corvette it's an overpriced POS.....

OP
OP
J

Jasone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been a faithful member of this community for 6+ years. I've participated in many Viper Days/NARRA events and I still love the Viper as I've stated. Not sure what all the negative stuff is about.. just sharing my experience. I didn't say I couldn't or didn't like to work a clutch.. just sharing my surprise on the quality and function of the F1 transmission. I'm an advocate.. not a zelot.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I won’t bother with the details but suffice to say that it’s the difference between driving a dump truck and a radical.

Are you seriously trying to compare your old Gen III Viper with something that has an MSRP of over twice its price??? Oh, please.

Put that F430 in a head-to-head comparison with something like an SSC Ultimate Aero and see how it fares.

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad that you like your 430, but I must say that the gen 3 dose not compare to gen 4 and if you your are talking about an acr gen 4 a whole other story. I have owned all three. I have driven the 360 and 430 and was not ready to go buy one.

ACR_VP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it comical how much "viper is better" blah blah blah talk is going on (then again this is a viper forum)... All I have to say is awesome car!

F

FrgMstr

I'm glad that you like your 430, but I must say that the gen 3 dose not compare to gen 4 and if you your are talking about an acr gen 4 a whole other story. I have owned all three. I have driven the 360 and 430 and was not ready to go buy one.

Seconded. Gen III and Gen IV are totally different animals. No comparison.

Post your "Goodbye, my new car is better than your Viper" in the Driven forum next time, or better yet, leave and go post it in the Newbs section on the Ferrari forums.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it comical how much "viper is better" blah blah blah talk is going on (then again this is a viper forum)... All I have to say is awesome car!
Yeah, and on a Viper forum. It's crazy. It's like divorcing your wife for another woman and then inviting your ex-wife to the wedding.

I wonder what the guys in the "new" ferrari forum will be like?

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt seriously that the difference between a Gen 3 and Gen 4 is "night and day difference"..........yes it has a 100 HP advantage, but seriously.....c'mon......

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen III, Gen IV totally different animals? Please!!!!!!!! Get off you Gen IV horse and walk in the real world.

Yes it has 100 more HP, but non ACR cars have same brakes, slightly different top gears in tranny that most will never realize and both still offer inferior diffs that are crap. Many, including myself fine the GEN III's old manual extremely responsive throttle linkage and NEVER going into Limp mode, boost friendly electronics a welcome addition. Honestly those complaining about the new GEN V having FED mandated nannies should really look at their GEN IVs closer as the engine electronics in them are hardy in keeping with the original Viper Philosophy anyway. Having driven both and owning a GEN III long term, I just have not experiencied this totally different cars aspect. Most points of view are in people's heads anyway.

F

FrgMstr

Gen III, Gen IV totally different animals? Please!!!!!!!! Get off you Gen IV horse and walk in the real world.

Yes it has 100 more HP, but non ACR cars have same brakes, slightly different top gears in tranny that most will never realize and both still offer inferior diffs that are crap. Many, including myself fine the GEN III's old manual extremely responsive throttle linkage and NEVER going into Limp mode, boost friendly electronics a welcome addition. Honestly those complaining about the new GEN V having FED mandated nannies should really look at their GEN IVs closer as the engine electronics in them are hardy in keeping with the original Viper Philosophy anyway. Having driven both and owning a GEN III long term, I just have not experiencied this totally different cars aspect. Most points of view are in people's heads anyway.

I have owned these both very recently. Have you? Got 10K miles of seat time in my Gen III. First time I drove my GenIV, I drove it over 900 miles home. I will stick with my statement of opinion, and I might even ride around on my horse some more. Maybe even ride my horse in the Matrix. ;)

I will not buy another Gen III...ever. Great car, loved my Gen III, but the Gen IV is far and away a better vehicle. Quite simply, Dodge fixed everything that was wrong with the Gen III in the Gen IV. And the new Mopar PCM in it, fixed everything they effed up the first year out.

Maybe these cars are not totally different animals to you, but I am fairly certainly that MY sensibilities are keen enough to value the differences that even Dodge saw enough reason to give the generation a new number. :cool:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do wish my Gen 4 was boost friendly but I will say somehow the gen 4 drives, rides, and handles completely different than my previous Gen3's. I cant really pin point why but I can say with all honesty that I prefer the Gen 4 experience over my Gen 3's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten