So the 2008 isn't as good as the Z06? (new edmund's video)

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awsome video thanks for sharing,its amazing how just 90 more horsepower make so much diffrence.what does a paxton say 625 rwhp do 0-60 1/4 miles times?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are problems, however. Like the Vette's complete lack of exclusivity. The Z06 is stonk fast but, to most, it looks like any other Vette. And, to be completely honest, when driven back to back against a new Viper, it feels utterly emasculated.

Meanwhile, nobody is going to mistake a Viper for anything other than, well, a Viper. Unlike the Z06, there's no watered-down ***** version in the hands of every Newport Ned who likes its image. The Viper only comes in one flavor: ********.

That is exactly the reason I didn't replace my C6 with a Z06, and got the Viper instead.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The writer hit it right on the head. I bought my Gen 1 Viper this year over a Brand new Vette because of the fact that you see Vettes everywhere. I have yet to see another Viper while driving mine.:headbang:

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rx viper thanks for your response.i so want to supercharge my viper but worry about drivability concerns.

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving my Viper with a Paxton is like driving a regular Viper till I get on it. As far as drivability, you really can't beat it.

I think performance could be better, but I'm getting a lot of belt slip. Still even with that I run consistant 11.2-11.4's. If I fix the slip the car would be 10.8-11.0s. I have 666rwhp.

I think 08 Viper is good for 11.3-11.5's, I just don't think the people testing the car can drive. On a good weather day and with a good driver, the Viper will go 10's.

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wicked.... Have you talked to Doug about a belt tensioner??

He has a relatively cheap one that would help quite a bit...

Thats what's going on mine...

Joe

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Surprising article.....a journalist that gets it!