So... why has Viper Specialty been so quiet lately...?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
WE'VE BEEN BUSY :2tu:

Lots of new products in the oven, small custom jobs, and especially Race Engines have been eating up a ton of our time.

Just a few of the things we have been working on...

Viper Powered Rolls Royce;
You must be registered for see images

VS-1500TT;

VS-1250LB;

VS-1000LB;

Engines waiting in line;

VS-X Race Engine;

VS-X Race Engine;

Orange Gen-4 Fuel Rails;

New A2040FPTS Fuel Pressure Regulator with Differential Fuel Pressure & Temp Sensor;

MyGig installed in an SRT Dash;

MyGig Mock-Up for dash appearance;

New Omega ICD Digital Dashboard;

Just a few of the current and recently finished projects...

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the New Omega ICD Digital Dashboard part of a stand alone like Motec? If so, how much?

Some nice looking products Dan :2tu:

Last edited:

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice projects ! Hoping to stop by this Monday or Tuesday to see your new shop and possibilities , are you around Dan ? :)

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is the New Omega ICD Digital Dashboard part of a stand alone like Motec? If so, how much?

Some nice looking products Dan :2tu:

Edit: Just realized I misread your message;

The display can function both independently and as part of a standalone ECU. Generally, the integration with an ECU is most common via a CAN Bus decoded datatream, as it can show all engine parameters in real time, and in some versions, log them if your ECU cannot do it on its own. Otherwise, the dash can operate in "standalone mode", where it connects to all sensors itself, displaying and/or logging information. Lastly, you can run it as a combo dash, where it displays/logs engine data via CAN, and also is connected to other sensors which it displays and/or logs. This is the most flexible setup, as you have an entire ECU worth of input and logging for drivetrain, and then an entire Dash input for Chassis sensors, and the freedom to display/log any and all of them in the dash, which can offer up to 2GB of logging at 1000Hz per channel.

However, it is a new product, so actual configuration software is currently lagging behind which would be needed for a standalone app- hopefully sorted out in the next couple months. It is available in 5 versions ranging from about $3,300 to $15,000 depending on how crazy the software and options need to be for your application. The basic version is not upgradeable to higher levels, and is a non-logging display only. More expensive versions are upgrade capable [starting at about 3800], while the higher level versions have logging enabled, and have substantial software capability. All versions can integrate with Pectel & Motec ECUs.

The future release of control software will allow user development of display from a visual standpoint via Microsoft Blend, from gauge designs, colors, locations and data type, etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is that 1000 hp Roe going to have any juice added or do you plan to make 1000 on boost?

That Roe engine is a 1000HP capable long block design with a few extra bells and whistsles, but will not make 1000 total output unless the customer uses a secondary power adder- not sure of his intentions. I do not know if long term the car will jump to the 2.8L, or even stay Roe type blower for that matter.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice projects ! Hoping to stop by this Monday or Tuesday to see your new shop and possibilities , are you around Dan ? :)

I wish we were moving on the new shop- still not yet. I have not been able to get far enough ahead to actually spend time on it, its perfect storm of BS if there ever was one, ha. Just too much to do, not enough time, and too many pokers in the fire sucking all the extra dollars out of the bank like usual, which is why I am trying to get all of the "ideas on the shelf" finished up and creating income rather than taking it, at which time I can focus on the new business, building included. I am still hoping to get moving on it one way or another this season.

You can certainly see if I am around- I am up, down, back and forth these days, but if I am here you are more than welcome to swing by.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Roe engine is a 1000HP capable long block design with a few extra bells and whistsles, but will not make 1000 total output unless the customer uses a secondary power adder- not sure of his intentions. I do not know if long term the car will jump to the 2.8L, or even stay Roe type blower for that matter.

Someone needs to build a TT Roe car! For nothing more then the COOL factor! I love the SC/TT Ford GTs!

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dan , if you can pm me your current address with ZIP Code , I'll stop by on Monday and take a chance on seeing you .
Cheers Jay
I wish we were moving on the new shop- still not yet. I have not been able to get far enough ahead to actually spend time on it, its perfect storm of BS if there ever was one, ha. Just too much to do, not enough time, and too many pokers in the fire sucking all the extra dollars out of the bank like usual, which is why I am trying to get all of the "ideas on the shelf" finished up and creating income rather than taking it, at which time I can focus on the new business, building included. I am still hoping to get moving on it one way or another this season.

You can certainly see if I am around- I am up, down, back and forth these days, but if I am here you are more than welcome to swing by.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh...................what about the gen III power steeering line fitting.

Not that all that other stuff isn't awesome,...............

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Uh...................what about the gen III power steeering line fitting.

Not that all that other stuff isn't awesome,...............

That is on the to-do list, but it isnt nearly as long sitting on the back-burner as this other stuff. These other projects are tens of thousands of dollars sitting in limbo until they can be completed and offered- they need to take priority. Once we are caught up, I can tackle the smaller stuff again. Still planning on it for sometime this season.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Dan , if you can pm me your current address with ZIP Code , I'll stop by on Monday and take a chance on seeing you .
Cheers Jay

Jay-

Easiest way is to give me a call Monday, and I will tell you were I am. If we can hook up and you have some time, I can take you over to show you where the building will be in the near future as well.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Someone needs to build a TT Roe car! For nothing more then the COOL factor! I love the SC/TT Ford GTs!

As stated above, it would actually cost you power as a restriction in the long run. The lag on smaller TT systems is nearly non-existent, and they don't have any of the tuning issues that many Roe cars have to contend with.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I figured I would toss a couple updates on here...

Gen-2 VS-1500TT Short Block:

Gen-4 VS-1500TTvc Build [Engine & Management Shown Only]:

This is the definition of 10 lbs of **** in a 5 lb bag;

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics