Sold my Supercharged 03 SRT10 and bought a 97 GTS...(pics)

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the car I to just purchased a 2001 rt saphire ,your story makes me think maybe these gen 2 s are gonna be those copo Chevys in 10 or 20 years I know I'm lovin mine, God knows the production numbers are low and how many have been totaled!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody says to buy the most expensive Viper you can afford. They all say buy the BEST Viper that you can afford. Usually better off paying a little more for a prime example of the year you want, instead of buying the cheapest example you can find.

Just as older Vettes, Jags, Astons, Lambos, Ferrari and other cars have desirable Vintages, Vipers are no different.

For me, the original smoothie hoods, and other earlier RT/10s with the tops off were some of the sleekest, and most sinister Vipers ever made (especially lowered and all black).
The original 96/97 Blue White GTS simply blew me away as the reincarnation of the classic Shelby racing coupes.
The first GT2 in White/Blue also set the standard for all the special editions to come.
While the 03Gen III set a new standard for braking and higher levels of performance, and a top that quickly and cleanly went up and down and an airconditioner that actually could handle the heat of the interior, the body style was not as beloved earlier models.
That mostly changed with the reintroduction of the 06 Coupe that reintroduced a more classic Viper look.
With the anticitated release of the Gen V the Viper still has those classic Viper propotions that harken to the originals.
While along the way our Vipers have gained additional measures of creature comforts (imagine windows that do not have to be bolted in) and upgraded levels of safety and performance, there will always be people that harken back to the earlier days.

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 2 > Gen 1, 3 and 4 combined. The jury has not spoken about Gen 5, however SRT seems to be on the right track.

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the pics I know you're ryan f's buddy... car looks great, hope to see you at a C&C event sometime..